ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Request: Deepdream frontend.

<< < (7/11) > >>

4wd:
Well, it ran for a while and then died. :(

Here's the console/terminal log:

--- ---[libprotobuf WARNING google/protobuf/io/coded_stream.cc:505] Reading dangerously large protocol message.  If the message turns out to be larger than 1073741824 bytes, parsing will be halted for security reasons.  To increase the limit (or to disable these warnings), see CodedInputStream::SetTotalBytesLimit() in google/protobuf/io/coded_stream.h.
[libprotobuf WARNING google/protobuf/io/coded_stream.cc:78] The total number of bytes read was 574671192
Successfully loaded models/VGG_ILSVRC_19_layers.caffemodel
conv1_1: 64 3 3 3                                                        [3/276]
Setting up style layer          2       :       relu1_1
Setting up style layer          7       :       relu2_1
Setting up style layer          12      :       relu3_1
Killed

I'm trying again with smaller images, but don't expect different results....
-Deozaan (October 03, 2015, 02:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

I had the exact same problem, I swapped over to a VPS (running Debian 7) with twice the RAM/VSWAP and it got as far you did above.

I think it's going to take a machine with a fair bit of RAM, (eg. 16GB), before it'll do something useful.

The style image I was using is only 190x266 (12.5kB) and the picture is 160x107 (11.1kB) and it still bombs out.

kunkel321:
I tried for hours and hours to set up a virtual box and get it to run python, using some directions found at
https://www.reddit.com/r/deepdream/
Very frustrating.  I'm not a programmer, much less a python programmer.  And I'm not familiar with Linux or virtual boxes.   So when things kept going wrong, my only hope was to do google searches and hope that someone else had already solved the exact same problem.   I did manage to get in to BIOS and activate virtualization--which was pretty good for a layman like myself.   I sortof got the virtual box running, but never did get the whole thing working. 

Deozaan:
I just realized that tsaint already posted about DeepStyle in this very thread a couple weeks ago and already said he got it working:

This , on a similar tack, might be worth a look
I had to install Ubuntu and a few other bits and pieces and I nearly (!) got it to work. Someone more tech-savvy than me probably could with probably good results.
-tsaint (September 17, 2015, 07:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

JavaJones:
He says "nearly", unfortunately. I wish we had @mentions. Tsaint, did you ever get this fully working? Anyone else? I continue to be very intrigued and occasionally very impressed with the results!

- Oshyan

JavaJones:
And then... some crazy bastard *animated* it!

The video description includes links to instructions for getting it up and running easily with a prebuilt Amazon EC2 instance, which I just might try.

Lots more interesting examples here:
http://www.genekogan.com/works/style-transfer.html

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version