I used a 3264x1840 content image and a 1920x1200 style image and the output is mysteriously only 512x288. Weird. I was hoping for something I could use as a wallpaper.
Anyway, here are the inputs and the output:
Content image is a photo that my parents took of the Grand Canyon:Request: Deepdream frontend.
Style image is one of my many Vlad Studio wallpapers:Request: Deepdream frontend.
And the output:Request: Deepdream frontend.
It actually output 10 different images. I'm not sure what they are. But it seems to be progressively refined until it gets to the final output image. The last few are almost indistinguishable from the final image. Here are some of the other images it output while building the final image:Request: Deepdream frontend. Request: Deepdream frontend. Request: Deepdream frontend. Request: Deepdream frontend.
EDIT: I looked at the readme.md and found another parameter I need to pass in to increase the image size. -image_size [width-size]. I suspect that going larger than the default 512 will result in more memory-related failures though. . .
EDIT 2: Yup. I tried 1920 and it gave me that "Killed" error. I tried it again at 1024 and it said something about running out of memory. Too bad... Maybe it would work better on real hardware. It'd be nice to dedicate my entire 16GB RAM to it. I wonder if it would work setting it all up from a LiveCD boot. . .