ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > UrlSnooper

Network Adapter Heavy Troublshooting plz

(1/2) > >>

ChaosDelirium:
The Automatic Network Adapter Detector "failed" is what the program says. The message that appears is that there's an "Error downloading web page".

My network adapter is an nVidia nForce MCP but on top of that I'm also behind a router... am I supposed to unblock a certain UDP or TCP port for the detection and sniffing to work? My router's a Zyxel Prestige 643. Hope this can be looked into.

mouser:
hmm
you could try setting the adapter manually.
switch to advanced mode (file menu), disable automatic network adapter detection, and select your adapter from the list.

vgi05:
I'm having the same problem. It started after i entered the license key when the "please visit our website" notice apeared.

mouser:
i promise you it has nothing to do with entering the license key.

i need help from you guys identifying whether the problem is with your autotmatic network adapter detection, or with all sniffing.

just go to advanced mode and disable the automatic network detection, then try to set your adapter manually and see if you can sniff traffic.

Supersnake:
New user, am having the same problem.

URLSnooper notified me that Automatic Network Adapter Detector Failed, but it really did not fail because it shows my correct adapter [NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter Driver]

>  I have disabled Auto determine network adapter on startup
>  URLSnooper.exe is set to run as administrator
>  Problem exists whether Windows Fire Wall is on or off.
>  URL Sniffer v2.28.01
>  Problem exists with the latest version of Wincamp v4.1.2 and with the prior version 4.1.1

I installed Windump and it is using [NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter Driver] without a problem.
In my Windump screenshot you can see Windump listening on NPF_{350CA92A-527F-4E7A-8C28-943719A018E1} .

I also took a Regedit screenshot showing that NPF_{350CA92A-527F-4E7A-8C28-943719A018E1} is the NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter Driver

I can only conclude from this that if another Wincamp application is working fine with my network driver then there is something faulty in URLSnooper?

What do you suggest?

EDIT: Solution found.  See next 5 posts

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version