ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

DonationCoder Major Upgrades - Progress Report Thread

<< < (18/32) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Will both DC and DC2 be online at same time ?

If I am unable to find something on DC2 but remember it was there, I may search in DC. I use DC forum a lot for googling, if I am allowed to say that, when I am stuck and it had helped me.

Regards,

Anand

-anandcoral (August 05, 2015, 06:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting question Anand because as I knew it, the results should be the same, except looking different via layout and themes and stuff. So if they are *not* the same, then that sounds like a bug we should test before we flip.

Do we want to do some test studies of this for a day before we flip? Anand, do you have a good example of something you recently had to look for?

Mouser I don't hear anyone talking about search yet, I think it's worth a test or two. You found the love in the rounded corners, you never know what other bug might be behind the scenes!

mouser:
The default search in the upgraded forum is likely to yield slightly different results -- because the current version here was highly modified and improved by dc member Wordzilla, and i have not attempted to bring across those changes.  The new search has some advantages too, including nice highlighting of found search words.  My expectations are that the results may differ but it will just be a matter of getting used to it.  If we find the new search is inadequate we can think about making our own improvements later.

Curt:
will youtube videos be back? it seems we have none at the moment

mouser:
youtube should work on old and new forum, even now. are they not?

tomos:
will youtube videos be back? it seems we have none at the moment
-Curt (August 05, 2015, 11:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Because of the scare with Flash lately, some browsers were disabling the plugin.
Flash is becoming more and more problematic. Videos from YT embedded here work with Flash - even though HTML5 is becoming the default in YT itself.

So, yeah - curious about the future there mouser?

EDIT// missed your post mouser - YT is working here - with PaleMoon at any rate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version