ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

DonationCoder Major Upgrades - Progress Report Thread

<< < (17/32) > >>

Deozaan:
I have a feature request: Ignore all topics (current & future) started by a certain user.
-Deozaan (August 01, 2015, 12:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think we've gone down that route before (the asking) and his response (and a good one) was that sort of thing leads to the fragmentation of the community.  But maybe his opinion has changed.
* wraith808 shrugs-wraith808 (August 01, 2015, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm never going to read or respond to them anyway, so I don't see how that's any different for the "ignored" user, but it certainly makes my life a lot more convenient.

At the moment, it's just one (or several) more box(es) I have to select when I'm marking selected topics as read.

mouser:
im not opposed to adding it but i'm newly conservative about adding features if they require too many messy changes to the codebase.. it's one of the drawbacks of using someone else's code -- maintenance difficulties.  remind me again later to look into adding this.

mouser:
so just about everything is migrated and implemented on the new forum, and we could switch over whenever we want -- fixing any lingering issues on the live site..

anandcoral:
Will both DC and DC2 be online at same time ?

If I am unable to find something on DC2 but remember it was there, I may search in DC. I use DC forum a lot for googling, if I am allowed to say that, when I am stuck and it had helped me.

Regards,

Anand

mouser:
no, both sites wont be online -- the new upgrade will just happen on the existing content.
all of the original posts will all be accessible, and at the same urls.
the change won't be so dramatic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version