ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

DonationCoder Major Upgrades - Progress Report Thread

<< < (24/32) > >>

f0dder:
I have a feature request: Ignore all topics (current & future) started by a certain user.-Deozaan (August 01, 2015, 12:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm not a fan of that kind of functionality here - it does run the risk of fragmentation (especially if extended to "ignore everything from <user>" later on), and I think it kinda clashes with my idea of DC as a friendly and respectful place where nobody needs to block anybody; I reckon your interest in the feature is from "I'm just not interested in that stuff" rather than "zomg, that dude is such a jerk", but still :)

Deozaan:
I have a feature request: Ignore all topics (current & future) started by a certain user.-Deozaan (August 01, 2015, 12:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm not a fan of that kind of functionality here - it does run the risk of fragmentation (especially if extended to "ignore everything from <user>" later on), and I think it kinda clashes with my idea of DC as a friendly and respectful place where nobody needs to block anybody; I reckon your interest in the feature is from "I'm just not interested in that stuff" rather than "zomg, that dude is such a jerk", but still :)
-f0dder (August 12, 2015, 03:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just to be clear: I don't have a problem with being able to see threads made by person X or any posts by person X, so it's not a matter of "totally ignore person X" that I'm asking for. I just don't want threads started by person X to show up in my unread posts feed.

Shades:
For CMS...Bolt is a new player and looks to be a contender.

Joomla isn't too bad, once you get how the back-end and internal structures work. Most people don't give a hoot about this, add crappy modules to it to "make it easier" and from that moment they entered into a mess, security wise.

At least Joomla is in active development...

KynloStephen66515:
For CMS...Bolt is a new player and looks to be a contender.

Joomla isn't too bad, once you get how the back-end and internal structures work. Most people don't give a hoot about this, add crappy modules to it to "make it easier" and from that moment they entered into a mess, security wise.

At least Joomla is in active development...
-Shades (August 12, 2015, 08:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Shouldn't be a problem fr DC...mouser hates modules :P

rgdot:
CMSMS is good too, in some ways, not exactly for a blog though

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version