ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Patch your Flash! Version 18.0.0.203 (July 08, 2015)

<< < (4/6) > >>

lanux128:
While waiting for Adobe to release its patch, Mozilla have disabled Flash plugin in Firefox. if you're using some other browsers, this article by How-To Geek should have you covered.

• http://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/07/14/firefox-rings-the-death-knell-for-flash/
• http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-33520935

MilesAhead:
I installed the 18.0.0.209 released today for Firefox.  Also my chrome updated automagically to the same version.  I did not see the word "exploit" in the change log though.

tomos:
While waiting for Adobe to release its patch, Mozilla have disabled Flash plugin in Firefox. if you're using some other browsers, this article by How-To Geek should have you covered.-lanux128 (July 14, 2015, 08:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

odd,
it's impossible to actually uninstall from Firefox - no simple method anyways: uninstalling Flash in programmes list doesnt remove from FF; no option within FF to uninstall plugins (unlike addons).

Going though my old plugins,
I see there are even worse culprits (Silverlight says to uninstall old version before installing current version - again it is neither possible via browser nor via uninstall programmes EDIT// found it - named *Microsoft* Silverlight :-/ ).

Is it any wonder we have security issues...

MilesAhead:

odd,
it's impossible to actually uninstall from Firefox - no simple method anyways: uninstalling Flash in programmes list doesnt remove from FF; no option within FF to uninstall plugins (unlike addons).
-tomos (July 14, 2015, 03:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
This page may shed some light on it.

I use FlashBlock extension.  It may stop some sites from reacting(like ESPN3) but you can disable flashblock to use flash on those if you want.

An alternative is to run in a sandbox like ToolWiz TimeFreeze or Sandboxie.

Deozaan:
Firefox has become pretty aggressive at blocking vulnerable Flash versions. So maybe it's not necessary to uninstall Flash?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version