ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Laptop tray - for your lap [Recommendations?]

(1/6) > >>

tomos:
I tore ligaments in my foot so I have to keep my leg up :(

So,
I'm looking for a tray or holder for a laptop - but one that I can rest on my lap.
I have one I use in winter - is one of those trays with a cushion underneath - but it's much too warm for that now.

Requirements would be:
          # keeps laptop cool [doesnt need a fan though]
          # keeps me cool ;-)
          # unsure about the angle - probably ideally one that will keep the laptop level. Note: my legs are also 'level', so this may be a difficult requirement...

I'm looking at this one from Ikea (image below) - for me the angle is all wrong though. It may work if I reverse it - have the low end towards my knees - but I suspect that's too much the other extreme.

This one form Coolermaster looks okay - but unfortunately not available here [EU] (or is available at outrageous prices).

I couldnt find much else, so wondering if anyone can make a recommendation?

Ath:
Maybe a side-table could work for you? Some ideas: https://www.pinterest.com/explore/laptop-table/

Deozaan:
I got something from IKEA a few years ago called a BRÄDA, but searching for it on their website only shows what you attached.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=BR%C3%84DA

Mine looks like this:

The underside has a beanbag type filling.

The beanbag filling is nice because you can shove it all to one end or spread it out evenly to get the angle you want. There are only 2 things that might not work well for you:

1. Your legs tend to get warm being covered up by this thing.
2. Though the top looks like it's non-skid, I find laptops/mice and other things slide around on it pretty easily.

tomos:
Thanks both!

@Ath, I will have a look around here (online).

@Deozaan, yeah, I have something similar myself - but in the summer it's too much - it's already far too warm for longer periods, and it's supposed to be around 90°F for this coming week (and this is not air-conditioning country).

dr_andus:
I use this one with my 14" laptop: Fellowes Portable Laptop Riser GoRiser Notebook stand.

It's plastic, so it's OK to use in the summer, and it folds, which makes it portable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version