topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 9:31 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Delphi 2005PE - trying to find a magazine disc with a copy.  (Read 4021 times)

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have been trying to find a magazine (or back issue) with the Delphi 2005 PE on its cover disc. I know these have been distributed all over but I can't find a copy anywhere. Borland no longer have the PE versions as downloadables on the site - they just say buy a mag with a copy on the cover disc - which is OK if you can find one.

Does anyone know where I can find a mag disc with a copy?

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Delphi 2005PE - trying to find a magazine disc with a copy.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 08:16 PM »
Not sure, but maybe the Borland site in Poland has it for download.

I know they still have D6 & D7 personal editions for download and I have the url's for those versions tucked away if you need them. (can't find the links on any of their sites)  You still need to register at the Borland site of your choice for a key for it though.

Also, you may want to look for these 2 back issues of magazines.

These are both published by the same publisher in the UK:

PC Pro: issue 128, cover dated June 2005, DVD edition (not cd edition)

PC Plus: issue 232, cover dated Summer 2005, DVD edition (not cd edition)

Rover

• Master of Smilies
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 10:07 PM »
Found this:
“Personal edition”. Delphi 2005 Personal Edition has only been offered through some magazines in Europe, but Delphi 7 can be downloaded from the Borland website, even though they no longer advertise it. Just follow this link:

http://www.borland.p...Delphi7_Personal.zip

The MD5 checksum should be: e762ab2c75be5cbd5534ee59bc78e605. The size is around 54 MB compressed and 148 uncompressed.
To activate your installation of Delphi 7 Personal edition, just visit the Borland website and create an account. Then visit the download area and there you will a link to create an activation code for your Delphi 7 Personal Edition.

After installing you can invoke the Registration Wizard to register your Delphi.

Found it here: http://www.mariovald...l-edition-version-7/
Insert Brilliant Sig line here

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 11:38 AM »
I now have copies of Delphi 6 and 7 PE but I am still curious to try 2005 PE if I can find an English version. Does anyone have a disc from an English speaking magazine with Delphi 2005 I could borrow?

I have a copy of the German version (thanks crono) but even with the translate to English utility there is still an awful lot in German - but especially all the context sensitive help. I have managed to get PDFs of the English manuals but it isn't as easy to use if you can't use the built in help system.