ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Bvckup 2

<< < (13/13)

Nod5:
I can't find a link to the beta on your site

apankrat:
It's in closed beta at the moment. PM me if you want in. If not, it should hit public beta in a couple of weeks.

apankrat:
Also, if I find a way to automate the cold-cache testing (suggestions would be very welcome!), I'll throw in stats from my old dualcore-with-SSD laptop.
-f0dder (January 19, 2013, 02:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I found a way (a while ago, I just keep forgetting to update this thread).

This is done by flushing "Standby list" of Windows Memory Manager. For example, with Sysinternals' RAMMap -

It can also be done with NtSetSystemInformation from within the app if needed.

BGM:
I just wanted to say that I use this program on my server to back up all my network's windows workstations.  It is wonderful!

f0dder:
Also, if I find a way to automate the cold-cache testing (suggestions would be very welcome!), I'll throw in stats from my old dualcore-with-SSD laptop.
-f0dder (January 19, 2013, 02:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
I found a way (a while ago, I just keep forgetting to update this thread).

This is done by flushing "Standby list" of Windows Memory Manager. For example, with Sysinternals' RAMMap -

It can also be done with NtSetSystemInformation from within the app if needed.
-apankrat (September 27, 2015, 03:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Great, thanks!

Just tested on Win8.1 x64, and it indeed works. Interesting, because "back in the day" I did a bit of searching, and the concencus seemed to be that the read cache couldn't be flushed, even through NtSetSystemInformation. Any idea when this was introduced? Has it been there a while, but just overlooked? RamMap apparently doesn't run on XP, so perhaps Vista+?

Also, seems you can flush cache for a single file by opening with FILE_FLAG_NO_BUFFERING and closing again, for all Windows version. Here's a StackOverflow post with a bit of information :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version