topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 11:31 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Wise Care 365 Pro [free]  (Read 6455 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Wise Care 365 Pro [free]
« on: June 17, 2015, 07:22 AM »
Wise Care 365 Pro free

I haven't used this yet.  But I have used the Wise free Registry Cleaner and Disk Cleaner with good results.  I'm not a believer in real time monitoring stuff unless it is just Shadow redirect of disk writes.

In this one there is no need to register.  Just download and install.  I scanned the installer with MBAM and it came up clean.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Wise Care 365 Pro [free]
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 08:44 AM »

Well, important to know is:
"By giving us your email, you give us permission to send you daily newsletters about Windows, Mac, Android, and/or iPhone & iPad software and apps from SharewareOnSale and our sister website, HungryForApps. You can unsubscribe at any time from the bottom of each email, and once you unsubscribe you will not be added again the next time you download from us. We will not sell your email. If this is not acceptable to you, please leave now."

So for ex in my email system I made a junk email that could catch it, but I could see it could really annoy someone!

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 09:17 AM »
It may be preferable to just download the free portable tools here:
http://www.wisecleaner.com/download.html

I was impressed with both the Registry Cleaner and Disk Cleaner.
But then those are always free. :)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 09:06 AM »
This same software is 100% discounted on this page:
http://www.topsoftba...-category/giveaways/

It is the same deal.  One year license without updates or support.  Although if you install some of these with auto update enabled often they will notify you of new modules and install them anyway.  At least mine did today.  ;)

2 days 13 hours and change left to get the deal

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 09:54 AM »
Well, important to know is:
"By giving us your email, you give us permission to send you daily newsletters about Windows, Mac, Android, and/or iPhone & iPad software and apps from SharewareOnSale and our sister website, HungryForApps.

Been there, done that ... It's actually kind of nice. I've been using the Wise Disk Cleaner for a year or so and really like it. I've also grabbed several great finds from the SoS news letter. The HfA one isn't as good...but that's just my non-Android user opinion...others may find it dandy..

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 11:53 AM »
^^  I have tried the Registry Cleaner and Disk Cleaner but I am still working up the nerve for Registry Defrag.  :)  I just took this quickie computer repair class.  The teacher goes on call fixing people's PCs.  He has a list on his page of freeware for AV, disk clean, disk defrag and registry clean and defrag.  I guess he does believe in Registry Defrag.  I suspect many of his customers are people who just switch on Windows and use it.  So the system never gets cleaned/defragged until it chokes or they get a virus.

I think I got Restore Points working on the Laptop.  But I will wait until I know I can sit in the library for 4 or 5 hours in case I have to fix it up after the defrag.  I hate messing with a system when pressed for time.

If it works as well as the Registry Cleaner I should be fine though.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 03:19 PM »
one can of course go straight to http://www.wiseclean...ay-computerbild.html (Google Translator button "Select Language" available)

On my brand new Win 10, the 365 program said I had 7665 errors...
Luckily one can uncheck "Start with Windows" etcetera, or even uninstall the thing - easy come, easy go.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 03:36 PM »
one can of course go straight to http://www.wiseclean...ay-computerbild.html (Google Translator button "Select Language" available)

On my brand new Win 10, the 365 program said I had 7665 errors...
Luckily one can uncheck "Start with Windows" etcetera, or even uninstall the thing - easy come, easy go.

I never let those suites just run.  The last time I tried that was 360 security.  It seemed good for about a week.

I bring it up manually and run one tool.  I got this Pro just in case there was some good feature.  But so far the free disk clean and registry clean seem to have enough stuff going on for my taste.

Going through the giveaway site if the download does not work, you have a place to post a comment and they fix it.  That is what happened to me last time.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 04:56 PM »
hmm... is there even a sort of "Recovery" here on Win 10? Can I roll back to before 365? That thing really ruined a lot :-(

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2015, 05:13 PM »
I couldn't find the panick button, but realized that Windows was updating (a quite big update, it seemed) at the same time 365 was changing the settings. Maybe that is why everything suddenly began flying here there and everywhere on my desktop. I waited for the update to finish + two restarts, and now everything is okay again!

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 08:02 PM »
I couldn't find the panick button, but realized that Windows was updating (a quite big update, it seemed) at the same time 365 was changing the settings. Maybe that is why everything suddenly began flying here there and everywhere on my desktop. I waited for the update to finish + two restarts, and now everything is okay again!

Glad you didn't get scrambled.  With Vista before SP1 I had the feeling it was going to use my HD and send me an email when it was my turn.  W10 I am leery of the mandatory update thing.  Like, wait for 3 hours or so and then you can use your system.  I don't think that will last long before people opt for some other OS, free or not.  How can you predict when you can do a job?

They will have to change it to some more cooperative method or allow you to schedule it.  Thing is if your system is not great at rebooting it will probably never stabilize.