ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Scary Windows error: Failure to log in to profile, loading of temp profile

<< < (2/4) > >>

x16wda:
How's the free space on the drive? I've seen that (on older boxes, anyway) when there's no space on C:. Of course that can be a temporary condition, but if you're on a comparatively small disk it's worth checking.

mouser:
plenty of free space, no errors in chkdsk, no smart errors.

pip2kk:
Lots can cause this sort of issue.  I see it a lot dealing with domain environments.  I would highly doubt it's bad ssd or hardware related at all.

KynloStephen66515:
Lots can cause this sort of issue.  I see it a lot dealing with domain environments.  I would highly doubt it's bad ssd or hardware related at all.
-pip2kk (June 07, 2015, 02:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've had the issue quite a few times, and pretty much every single time it was simply a botched install of something, a botched update of something, or something that was required on startup had gone mad....every single time, a reboot was the cure to the problem and it started working just fine.

Backups are a good plan mouser, but, when it comes to the user profile problem...usually a reboot is all it takes - It may well have been something as simple as your PC has decided it would be a fun idea to try load one thing before another thing...when doing so would result in failure.

mouser:
yeah, reboots didn't help me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version