ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Newer password keepers/form-fillers - anyone using Dashlane or 1Password?

<< < (7/8) > >>

Tuxman:
You're misrepresenting what they are saying.-Deozaan (September 21, 2015, 04:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

From the LastPass "pros":

Share and send login information to other Lastpass users securely
--- End quote ---

--> No, I'm not. They give KeePass a worse ranking because it doesn't come with a built-in storage on other people's computers.

Deozaan:
You're misrepresenting what they are saying.-Deozaan (September 21, 2015, 04:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

From the LastPass "pros":

Share and send login information to other Lastpass users securely
--- End quote ---

--> No, I'm not. They give KeePass a worse ranking because it doesn't come with a built-in storage on other people's computers.
-Tuxman (September 21, 2015, 04:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're moving the goalposts. LastPass pros has nothing to do with KeePass cons. You specifically mentioned the bold KeePass contra:

Giving KeePass a bold "Contra" because you are not forced to store your passwords on other people's computers... LOL!
-Tuxman (September 21, 2015, 03:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I quoted the only bold contra for KeePass, which is this:

Difficult to keep synced between devices
--- End quote ---

Again, that has nothing to do with the cloud, nor does it have anything to do with sharing passwords with other people. Nor does it have anything to do with LastPass.

Nice try though.

Tuxman:
Again, that has nothing to do with the cloud, nor does it have anything to do with sharing passwords with other people. Nor does it have anything to do with LastPass.-Deozaan (September 21, 2015, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, so they compare the password managers without comparing their features vs. each other?

wraith808:
Again, that has nothing to do with the cloud, nor does it have anything to do with sharing passwords with other people. Nor does it have anything to do with LastPass.-Deozaan (September 21, 2015, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, so they compare the password managers without comparing their features vs. each other?
-Tuxman (September 21, 2015, 04:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Correct.  You can make that determination based on your needs and wants.  I hate when reviews try to compare apples to oranges in terms of features.  Compare how they implemented (or didn't implement) what they implemented, and list those things clearly.  Let me draw the other conclusions when comparing software.  Else the review doesn't stand on it's own.

Innuendo:
The Master Password as a way to access one's sticky account was addressed in the beta forum.

Someone complained:
This is UNACCEPTABLE. I do NOT want to use my Master Password to access my Sticky Account. No assurance you can offer is adequate. I want StickyPass, or a reg code that licenses my software.

Give the present direction, you force me to change my Master Password with every upgrade where I have to reach my account. I want no part of the cloud, and that includes Master Password in in form/hash/salt.
--- End quote ---

Their reply:
That's exactly what it does not. We never ever use MP as a string for hashing. MP is used only locally to prove that you can decrypt a random string used later as an access token. Basically it is the same situation as if you download a special DB encrypted by your MP, containing just a registration string to prove you can decrypt it.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version