ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Newer password keepers/form-fillers - anyone using Dashlane or 1Password?

<< < (5/8) > >>

f0dder:
@f0dder: if you're interested in Sticky Password. Premium,  it's fairly often on Bits du Jour, and appears so now: -rjbull (September 19, 2015, 04:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, it's tempting - even if it's still a pretty steep price for a password manager.

Also, I tried installing it on OSX, but it claims the StickyPassword for my account is wrong... even though I can login to the StickyAccount just fine from that system in a webbrowser. Not very confidence inspiring! I'm also not super fond of how you master password seems to be tied to your StickyAccount. They might have implemented in a secure and zero-knowledge way, but it feels a bit odd.

wraith808:
@f0dder: if you're interested in Sticky Password. Premium,  it's fairly often on Bits du Jour, and appears so now: -rjbull (September 19, 2015, 04:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, it's tempting - even if it's still a pretty steep price for a password manager.

Also, I tried installing it on OSX, but it claims the StickyPassword for my account is wrong... even though I can login to the StickyAccount just fine from that system in a webbrowser. Not very confidence inspiring! I'm also not super fond of how you master password seems to be tied to your StickyAccount. They might have implemented in a secure and zero-knowledge way, but it feels a bit odd.

-f0dder (September 21, 2015, 12:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

At $49.99, it's exactly the same price as 1Password... but for a lifetime license.  I'm thinking about at least trying it...

wraith808:
Good comparison of password services with ranking:

http://www.asecurelife.com/dashlane-vs-lastpass-vs-1password-vs-roboform-vs-keepass/

Interesting bit (and breaking point) for using dashlane (if it's still true)

Dashlane servers went down recently and left me unable to access my passwords for most of a day. They don’t have a way to bypass contacting servers and let you use locally saved password archive. Until they fix this, you are out of luck if their servers go down. -Timothy B., PC MAG 2/2015

--- End quote ---

wraith808:
I'm also not super fond of how you master password seems to be tied to your StickyAccount. They might have implemented in a secure and zero-knowledge way, but it feels a bit odd.
-f0dder (September 21, 2015, 12:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

From Sticky Password:

"Only you know your Master Password. The authentication that takes place when Sticky Password syncs or performs a backup to the cloud (Sticky Password uses Amazon cloud services for our backend services) involves only your StickyID (your email address) and your StickyPass – which is different to your Master Password. For syncing and backing up to the backend servers, only the encrypted database is sent over the Internet, so even if an attacker were lucky enough to catch the communication he wouldn’t be able access the encrypted data inside the DB."

--- End quote ---

f0dder:
The authentication that takes place when Sticky Password syncs or performs a backup to the cloud (Sticky Password uses Amazon cloud services for our backend services) involves only your StickyID (your email address) and your StickyPass – which is different to your Master Password.-wraith808 (September 21, 2015, 01:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
Seems like they've made changes since that text was written.

I can't find anywhere to change the StickyPass, there's nothing in the StickyAccount regarding passwords - and when I change the Master Password in the Windows application, it affects the login for the StickyAccount. Also, the StickyAccount password input field says "Master Password".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version