ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Newer password keepers/form-fillers - anyone using Dashlane or 1Password?

<< < (4/8) > >>

Deozaan:
Is there any free and secure LastPass alternative that works as well with Firefox as KeePass does?
-Tuxman (September 17, 2015, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just curious: What's wrong with LastPass in Firefox? It's free and seems to work pretty well, IMO. Or are you talking about on mobile devices?

Tuxman:
I became paranoid over the years. Having used LastPass for years, I actually noticed rather late that (security breaches...) it might not be the best idea to store your most important data on servers; especially since LastPass actually keeps a local, unencrypted copy. Also, Android support costs 12 bucks.

f0dder:
I've been using 1Password (trial version) for a while on OSX, and it's kinda nice - but it doesn't have non-cloudbased syncing across devices, which sucks.

I am trying out Sticky Password as an alternative to LastPass.-Jibz (June 05, 2015, 01:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, that seems to have the perfect feature set for me! Cross-platform, WiFi sync... I'm definitely going to give this a go! The license model nags me a bit, though. Have I misunderstood it, or will you lose premium features once the license period is over? Lifetime license price is a bit steep.

rjbull:
@f0dder: if you're interested in Sticky Password. Premium,  it's fairly often on Bits du Jour, and appears so now:

http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/sticky-password-premium/src=day?utm_source=DailyBits&utm_medium=email&utm_content=sticky-password-premium+Link&utm_campaign=2015-09-19+PC+A

This is for a lifetime licence at $49.99.

Apologies for clumsy post,  on Android tablet. 

Innuendo:
Oh, that seems to have the perfect feature set for me! Cross-platform, WiFi sync... I'm definitely going to give this a go! The license model nags me a bit, though. Have I misunderstood it, or will you lose premium features once the license period is over? Lifetime license price is a bit steep.-f0dder (September 19, 2015, 05:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've been a Sticky Password user for years. Love, love, love it....but, holy cow! They have seriously raised their prices!!! I love their product, but I don't know if I can keep recommending them as enthusiastically as I have been at the current price point.

f0dder, wish you would have seen the threads I posted in the Found Deals section a year or so ago before their prices skyrocketed.

Anecdotal story: I can't complain in any way how they have treated me as a customer. I bought Sticky Password v6 on a BitsDuJour special for $8. Version 7 came out and wanted to sync all my stuff to the cloud so I skipped it. Version 8 was released with optional WiFi or Cloud sync (or none at all) and I was getting ready to bite on the upgrade when they announced that all previous paid customers would receive a lifetime license free. So, yeah...$8 for a lifetime license. They earned some good will from me.

I really like how they keep their Firefox extension updated to support the beta versions of Firefox....and when I was in college, it was the only password manager that would auto-fill the login fields on my college's brain-dead log-in page.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version