topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 5:04 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: GenieSoft Release version 7 of their backup manager  (Read 3521 times)

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
GenieSoft Release version 7 of their backup manager
« on: June 22, 2006, 10:58 AM »

See http://www.genie-sof.../gbmpro/default.html for full details.

A while ago there was a lot of hype about all the new things in the coming release - I'm not sure what has changed is that significant for me. The major upgrade seems to be the ability to backup your files to the Genie webspace (or via FTP) - but personally I can't see me doing that as the files would be massive and even at 4Mb broadband the upload/download times would be prohibitive. I suppose if you have just a few crucial files to store outside the home/office it might prove useful.

Having said that I will probably upgrade so that I get future enhancements and fixes, and to support the team as they produce a very useful product.

PS. Not sure if the member discount applies to the new version or just version 6 - check before you purchase.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 11:27 AM by Carol Haynes »

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: GenieSoft Release version 7 of their backup manager
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 05:15 PM »
I don't use it, but I love Genie Backup Manager. And from my little tests, I can't believe the minor changes warranted a full version upgrade. However, it's so easy, so fast, and let's you keep it simple or get as complex as you need.