ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

dream phone

<< < (4/4)

kalos:
I've used my single-SIM phone before to be on a phone call AND load data from the internet via 3G/4G at the same time.
-Deozaan (June 01, 2015, 12:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I know but I want to use different sim for data, because I want to take advantage competitive rates

tomos:
Looking at dual sim phones again ('normal' ones where both sims work but probably not simultaneously - not for telephoning at any rate).
Very little choice still but there's a new-to-me brand from France that are selling on the continent -- Wiko, e.g.

On some of their products on amazon I've read claims that one can telephone with one sim *and* surf with the other -- but this just in the Q&A's. Unfortunately there's a lot of confusion about dual-sim phones in general and how they work - on amazon and even on phones' websites there is minimal info given. Info from Q&A's can be contradictory.

EDIT// I should add, the phone I've been using for the last year (haier) served me well, but my uses are really very basic:
I bought a very cheap one earlier this year, and it's a treat to be able to use two cards without having to swap them (I have it set to: choose which card on sending text message; one sim as default for telephoning & internet). But mine is a far cry from 3GB ram ;-)
-tomos (May 31, 2015, 12:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

tomos:
Here is a phone with Dual SIM dual active (be careful, different model versions and different features, some may only have Dual SIM dual standby):

http://www.asus.com/Phones/ZenFone_2_ZE551ML/
-brahman (May 31, 2015, 06:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've read claims on amazon.de about the ZenFone 2 ZE551ML that only one card can do internet.

Similar claims here about the ZenFone 2 ZE550ML:
Do you get full 4g, Internet etc using the micro Sim slot or does full functionality only work using a nano Sim?
Answer:
Both sim slots are micro sim, but only sim slot 1 is data compatible 2G/3G/4G. Sim slot 2 is for 2G voice and text only.
--- End quote ---
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-ZenFone-ZE550ML-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B00VP4T506/#Ask

EDIT// yeah, that's confirmed on their website:
Dual Micro SIM card
SIM1 Support2G/3G/4G
SIM2 Support2G (Call only)
Dual SIM Dual Active
--- End quote ---
http://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone_2_ZE551ML/specifications/

no idea how that compares with other models, just reporting (still trying to get my head around what exactly is meant by dual 'active' sim)

4wd:
(still trying to get my head around what exactly is meant by dual 'active' sim)-tomos (December 28, 2015, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Basically, a Dual Standby phone has to time switch between each SIM, thus only one is active at any instant.
So if you make or receive a call on one SIM, the other is inactive until the call is finished. Incoming calls to the number associated with the inactive SIM will be unanswered and there'll be no indication of an incoming call.

Dual Active, each SIM is always active, you can receive two calls simultaneously and switch between them, or make a call on one SIM while using the data connection on the other.

tomos:
^ thanks 4wd :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version