ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

PowerISO 6.0 (100% Discount) - CD/DVD image file processing tool

<< < (2/2)

IainB:
If PowerISO is too much trouble, then consider IsoBuster Pro - Mini-Review

AbteriX:
The one from Windows Deal is fine.  -MilesAhead (June 02, 2015, 05:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
For me too. And the v6.2 download from the homepage also.
I always unpack such archives with 'UniExtract', and if that is not possible, I only install new things in a virtual machine and then copy the files.
That way I never see/get such 'PUPs'....

If PowerISO is too much trouble, then considerIsoBuster Pro - Mini-Review-IainB (June 02, 2015, 07:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
What have a 'CD-data recovery tool' to do with a CD-image creating/modifying tool?
Whould be 'IsoBuster Pro' a replacement for tools like PowerISO, WinISO or UltraISO?
At least in terms as:
*) Create ISO file from hard disk files or CD/DVD-ROM. 
*) Edit an existing ISO file directly.
*) Make bootable ISO file,

MilesAhead:
Speaking of install protection.. I found another good use for ToolWiz TimeFreeze.  I tunred it on, updated both Cyberfox and Firefox to 38.05.  Ran them awhile to make sure all was cool.  Reboot and do the updates for real.  :Thmbsup:

Innuendo:
I'm a huge fan of the Daemon Tools line of products, but they can be expensive if you don't catch them on sale. Although, they have a new release of Daemon Tools Lite in which you can add advanced features piecemeal to customize the solution you want.

I bought a lifetime license to the Pro Advanced product a few years ago at a reduced price and it will do everything PowerISO can and a few things it can't.

Back to PowerISO, though, on the Buy page of their web site I noticed the text:

"After registration, you can:
   Receive the full pure version and the registration code immediately via email."

What manner of sorcery is this? Does this mean you have to buy it before you can get an installer not infested with malware & PUPS?

MilesAhead:
What manner of sorcery is this? Does this mean you have to buy it before you can get an installer not infested with malware & PUPS?
-Innuendo (June 06, 2015, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I would do a right click scan on the installer file with MBAM to be sure.  It showed pups on the download I had.  I had not encountered ones as nasty as conduit before or I would not have gone ahead with the install.

Then again even safer would be install with ToolWiz TimeFreeze activated.  It used to be possible to turn off TimeFreeze and keep the changes if you wanted.  I guess they ran into too many bugs doing it that way.  Now you have to reboot to turn it off meaning you have to install all over again.  Still you get an idea if the install and run is smooth before committing to the permanent variety.  Especially for free I find it a valuable tool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version