topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:46 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: UI issues with screencaptor on high res screen & win 8.1  (Read 5864 times)

PortletPaul

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I installed screencaptor as I was looking for an alternative to the Winows 8.1 Snipping Tool

The problem I face is that my Dell XPS 15 laptop runs a very high res internal screen (3840 x 2160) and the screens associated with screencaptor are just so tiny I could barely read them. The toolbar you provide defaults to the top left of screen and I could not find a simple way to move it (I place the windows toolbar vertically on the left so your toolbar was hiding the windows button as well).

I pressed print screen (which captures both my monitors, but not well) so you might get an impression of how the screencaptor dialogs appear for me (see the pdf attached).
If you look carefully at the options window displayed on either of the monitors you will see a resolution problems with the option boxes, so much so I could not read those at all.

Not sure you can do anything really, but thought it may be of interest.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:20 AM by PortletPaul »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: UI issues with screencaptor on high res screen & win 8.1
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 08:19 PM »
That does look aweful.. no reason it should look so bad, i'll have another look when i get back into town in a week or so.

hayamaguchi

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 03:07 PM »
I have the same issue.  I just installed ScreenshotCaptor on my Surface Pro 3, whose screen resolution is set to the default 2160 x 1440.

Thanks!

Howard

roohina

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 12:24 AM »
same issue here. I'm about to bust out a magnifying glass!

TCS

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 09:55 AM »
Marvelous program, but I also find the text much much too small (slight vision issues here due to eye surgery).

My display is only 1920 x 1200, but I have the general Windows text display setting (W7: Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display) to 150%. This setting doesn't seem to have had any effect on ScreenCaptor.