topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:32 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How to download from multiple bitrate/resolutions?  (Read 4557 times)

boogeyman

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How to download from multiple bitrate/resolutions?
« on: May 16, 2015, 03:12 PM »
Hello All,

First off, I would like to thank you for such a wonderful software in URLSnooper. This software has worked where others have failed for me.

Coming to the point, I'm trying to download videos from a site which uses jwplayer for streaming. When a video starts playing, there are options within the video player to stream the file of different resolutions (180,270,480,720, 1080 and Auto). When URLSnooper is snooping, it somehow only detects the 270p version of the stream and provides the link for it. This link works fine and I'm able to download the video off of it but I would like to be able to download the other resolutions also. Can you suggest how that can be done?

To give you guys some idea, here is how the resolution options look like and here is the right-click menu of the video player displaying the versions.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks again.

ayryq

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: How to download from multiple bitrate/resolutions?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 03:53 PM »
I've never used URLSnooper, so this is a stab in the dark.

I would try guessing. Is there anything in the url that indicates size or quality? If so, change it. videofile-240.mpg becomes videofile-720.mpg for example.

Here is the jwplayer info on multiple streams. Looks like there's some sort of ".smil" file which will contain the list of available options. Maybe try to find that file on the server?

Eric

boogeyman

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: How to download from multiple bitrate/resolutions?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 04:08 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Didn't work though.

I selected "Protocol Filter -> Show All" and then in the "Must Contain" field, I added "smil" and then started the snooping.

No results there.