ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Scroll Thru Clipbard Contents When Pasting

<< < (2/5) > >>

skywalka:
Thanx 4 changing the scrolling direction.  I think it is an improvement. :up:

The tooltip for Clip 1 is always: [Cancel - Clip 1 of ##]
I was suggesting that it should just be: [Cancel]
But I would prefer not to have any [Cancel] option using Ctrl+C or Ctrl+V.  Ctrl+X only is perfect.

As for the numbering, I think the vast majority of clips will B useless after 1 use.  That means the files must B deleted manually.  I thought if the most recent clips were numbers 1 to 10 then you would manually delete clips 11-87 or whatever.  If the most recent clips are 78-87 then you must delete clips 1-77.  When you start copying again the clips would be numbered in different groups (I think).  This is no big deal.  I just thought it would B tidier & older clips would become less relevant.

One other thing that I noticed is the tooltips are not displayed 4 long enough.  If I am scrolling through the clips they disappear after a few seconds.  This is annoying if I am distracted or reading the clip.  After the tooltip has dissapeared you must scroll to another clip to get the tooltip back.

Also, I don't think the tooltip is neccesary when you release the control key to paste or cancel.  It is distracting.

Again, thanx 4 all your effort.  I find this very useful.  It should B standard in Windows in my opinion.

skrommel:
 :) Updated ClipStep to v1.1: Changed the ordering and naming of the clips, removed the empty Cancel clip, keeps clip visible while scrolling. Also the non text clips now work.

I like it. Great idea, skywalka!

Skrommel

skrommel:
 :) Updated ClickStep to v1.2: Removed a few bugs, tweaked some functions.

Skrommel

skywalka:
Hi skrommel.

Thanx yet again.

I'm having trouble with the latest version.  I've rebooted my machine & it seemed 2 work a couple times but then clips stopped being copied.

When trying 2 copy I got the tooltip message "Empty selection" & I couldn't paste the selection.  When I tried again I got the message "Same selection" & still couldn't paste.

The problem seems intermittent.

I'll try & determine the problem.

skywalka:
Hi Skrommel.

The trailing dots (...) should be displayed only for tooltips that have been truncated.

eg:  If I copy the word "Apple" the tooltip should be "Apple" not "Apple...".  This is currently not how ClipStep works.

But If I copy the sentence "Wests Tigers continued to re-write the record books on a glorious night at Telstra Stadium last Friday. In front of a new club record crowd of 29,542 Wests Tigers extended their longest ever winning streak to 8 not out while fullback Hodgson knocked over 9 straight goals from all over the stadium."
--- End quote ---
Then the tooltip should be "Wests Tigers continued to re-write the record books on a glorious night at Telstra Stadium last Fri..."
--- End quote ---
This is working correctly for long clips at the moment.

Thanx again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version