topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 6:11 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: A Few Hundred More Retro Games To Enjoy For Free.  (Read 4551 times)

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
A Few Hundred More Retro Games To Enjoy For Free.
« on: May 07, 2015, 07:26 AM »
A Few Hundred More Retro Games To Enjoy For Free | Gizmo's Freeware
(Copied below sans embedded hyperlinks/images.)
Submitted by rob.schifreen | Last update on 6th May, 2015 - 9:22am

If the terms "Jet Set Willy" or "Manic Miner" or "Jetpac" are familiar to you, you probably remember a home computer from the 1980s called the Sinclair Spectrum. It was designed and made in Britain, but also popular around the world. Many of its most popular games became classics, and it's now possible to play many of them on your PC via an emulator. You'll need to be using the Chrome browser to try this. Assuming that you are, head to https://chrome.googl...ccy-portable/jfkpejk... to download the Unreal Speccy Portable add-on, which includes the Spectrum emulator and a load of ready-to-play games. Note that the installer will probably put an icon on your desktop, from which you can launch the emulator. In my own tests, there was no obvious way to start it from within the browser itself.

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: A Few Hundred More Retro Games To Enjoy For Free.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 08:44 PM »
I remember seeing advertisements for the high-end Sinclair models in computer magazines back in the day and drooling.  My Timex-Sinclair 1000 with 1KB of memory seemed a toy calculator in comparison (Spectrum ads were where I first saw screenshots of multiplex terminal screens *drool*).  This is going to be fun...

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: A Few Hundred More Retro Games To Enjoy For Free.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 11:06 PM »
... This is going to be fun...

That's what I thought too.