ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MS Project questions

(1/6) > >>

kalos:
hello

I am forced to use MS Project and I think it's a badly design program

Can you tell me please:

1) how do I make to Autoschedule new tasks for every document by default?
2) how do I make it start with today's date for new tasks, instead of Mon 12/10/09 that it enters now?

thanks!

IainB:
You apparently seem to know nothing about MS Project but are "forced to use" it and "think it's a badly design program"?
Amazing.    :o

I would suggest that you could do worse than study a book on MS Project, and practice using the tool as you study the book.
There's one I'd highly recommend that I think MS produced called MS Project Inside Out.
If you can't get hold of the PDF file for the current version (is yours MS Project 2015?) of this book, I might be able to dig up a link to something for you - probably the 2003 version.
I seem to recall that the book used to be shipped as documentation with the product install, so you might already have it on disk. It's worth checking that out.

From experience, once you have begun to master MS Project (it may take a while as it is quite complex and requires that you have at least a basic understanding of critical path method and analysis first), you will find it to be well-designed and an excellent critical path analysis and planning tool - arguably one of the best on the market, and is certainly ubiquitous, so you will very likely be able to re-use and further develop the knowledge you gain in this learning phase.

TaoPhoenix:

Somewhere in the middle ground, is something like what I ran into once.

"Oh look! Some client wanted a MS Project chart. Well, bang that out for me as soon as you can."

"Forced", sure. But not as part of the basic job description, but something that showed up on a one-time basis. Someone wanted something simple like a quick chart, and then that complexity gets rough.

Stoic Joker:
"Oh look! Some client wanted a MS Project chart. Well, bang that out for me as soon as you can."

"Forced", sure. But not as part of the basic job description, but something that showed up on a one-time basis.
-TaoPhoenix (May 05, 2015, 05:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Quite true, not everyone has the luxury of a rigidly defined job description. Some of us routinely get hit with whatever whoever can think up to want ... And are then expected to just shit the thing in an hour.

tomos:
Some of us routinely get hit with whatever whoever can think up to want ... And are then expected to just shit the thing in an hour.
-Stoic Joker (May 05, 2015, 06:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version