ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

email client and a special feature

<< < (2/4) > >>

4wd:
outlook.exe /select foldername
thunderbird.exe -mail mailbox://[email protected]/foldername
Alpine -f foldername

Aside from that:
First you should make more clear what you want to achieve, as it's totally unclear to me :huh:-Ath (May 05, 2015, 04:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

What he said!

Shades:
To my (limited) knowledge it is possible to start Thunderbird with a batch script where you can specify which profile it should open. These profiles must exist, you cannot create these on the fly.

skwire is also right, applications need command-line support before you can use them in a batch script. Never, ever expect this support and even if your application has command-line support, don't expect too much usable options/parameters to be included. Besides, the use of batch is dwindling and there is some push towards PowerShell for the persons that make use of the command-line. With good reason, PowerShell is much more powerful and allows you to access applications in ways batch scripts cannot even dream of.

There is nice freeware (Idera) around that enables you to make scripts yourself. It comes with auto-complete, descriptions of all commands and their parameters + working example scripts, a debugger and access to community where you can download scripts as well.

Whatever time you dedicate to PowerShell with this software, it will be time well spent.  

Contro:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Show_Inbox_when_starting_Thunderbird
-4wd (May 05, 2015, 04:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is the point. Now is clear for me.
Sorry, sometimes i am not able to express better my needs.
Best Regards
 :-*

Contro:
Contro, I think you need to understand that application commandline support is not some sort of standard thing.  That is, a program has to have commandline options written into its code -- you don't just magically pass parameters and have things work.  In other words, what you want might not be available in some email clients (if any at all).
-skwire (May 05, 2015, 07:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Understood. Skwire. I agree. Even sometimes the programs have not command line parameters at all. Only the good ones or that merely needs for automation.

Contro:
outlook.exe /select foldername
thunderbird.exe -mail mailbox://[email protected]/foldername
Alpine -f foldername

Aside from that:
First you should make more clear what you want to achieve, as it's totally unclear to me :huh:-Ath (May 05, 2015, 04:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

What he said!
-4wd (May 05, 2015, 09:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

My God !!!!!!!! This is wonderfullll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 :tellme:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version