topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 3:12 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Hide My IP free for 2 days 17+ hours  (Read 2677 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hide My IP free for 2 days 17+ hours
« on: May 03, 2015, 05:45 AM »
Hide My IP

Free for the next 2 days 17+ hours.  I have the impression that this may be easier to set up and perhaps less capable than some internet privacy/anti-tracker software.  I haven't tried it yet.  For free I figure it may be good to satisfy my curiosity.

The gist of it is it substitutes another IP for the real one if you use one of the supported browsers.
It comes as 2 downloads.  The software and the license key.  I'm going to install it now just for grins and see what IP SpeedTest shows when doing the broadband benchmark.

Edit: On opening the license file it states 3 Month Premium License.  For what it's worth.  Anyway I'll install when I can plug into some power a bit later.  :)

« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 05:51 AM by MilesAhead »

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Hide My IP free for 2 days 17+ hours
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 05:57 AM »

This could be kinda neat (or others of its class), because "everyone is saying" "we received/tracked your ip" (*Favorite line by the tech portion of 100+ TV episodes!)

And there might be a legal wrinkle with the copyright gangs trying to pin stuff "on your ip".

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Hide My IP free for 2 days 17+ hours
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 09:19 AM »

This could be kinda neat (or others of its class), because "everyone is saying" "we received/tracked your ip" (*Favorite line by the tech portion of 100+ TV episodes!)

And there might be a legal wrinkle with the copyright gangs trying to pin stuff "on your ip".

At the college I cannot connect to anything with the hidden IP.  I'll try i at the public library next time I connect from there.  The school probably sees it as a copyright bypass scheme.  They even block FTP here.  I have to upload all files to my web page via the browser.