ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

AdGuard Premium Lifetime on sale at StackSocial.com

<< < (3/5) > >>

Josh:
I pulled the trigger as well. Uninstalled AdMuncher, installed AdGuard and my first few youtube tests were ad free.  My browser feels a bit snappier, too, but I'm thinking that might just be my imagination.-mwb1100 (May 03, 2015, 03:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's probably not your imagination. Ad Muncher *still* has not implemented support for gzip compression, but AdGuard has had it for quite some time. That could explain the snappiness you are experiencing.
-Innuendo (May 03, 2015, 04:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't forget HTTP 1.1 which supports connection pipelining and various other protocol enhancements.

Innuendo:
Right, but some people are concerned that it does this by replacing certificates so it can be a man-in-the-middle and that can be a security issue.....

...Either way you need to trust the blocking software with access to the https-protected data, so I think the remaining issue is whether or not the technique potentially opens the https-protected data to other entities (be it malware on your computer or something monitoring the network). I have no idea if that's the case with AdGuard.-mwb1100 (May 03, 2015, 11:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

AdGuard accomplishes this by working within the system by adding its own certificate to the certificate stores rather than engage in any tomfoolery. Basically, to reference your first sentence, it is technically a man-in-the-middle attack but you are the man who is in the middle. Rather clever and ingenious, I think.

Jibz:
I got it as well, and the AdGuard people were nice enough to combine the two licenses with the one I already had (from black friday sale). So I have a new license for 3 now (easier to manage one account for me).

I haven't actually used it yet, because I still have Ad Muncher running here and, except for facebook, I see few adds. But now I will probably try it on the other computers.

Tuxman:
Hmm, my beta period will last some more days. Guess they'll just extend beta subscriptions for regular testers for free.

Midnight Rambler:
Thing about these lifetime licenses is how long the company will be in business and the length of time the product will be updated.  Look at AdMuncher, for instance.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version