ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

AdGuard Premium Lifetime on sale at StackSocial.com

(1/5) > >>

mwb1100:
AdGuard (http://adguard.com/en/welcome.html) is being sold on a 'deal' site I haven't heard of before - StackSocial - in some sort of partnership with BitsDuJour.

A lifetime license to AdGuard Premium for 2 PCs and 2 Android devices is being sold for $40:

- https://bitsdujour.stacksocial.com/sales/adguard-premium-lifetime-subscription

This license normally sells for $90 on the AdGuard site (the StackSocial page claims it normally sells for $120).  My recollection is that AdGuard sold these Premium licenses in a way that you had to choose whether the license would be used on a PC or an Android device - not on both concurrently.  AdGuard may have changed that (or I may have misunderstood). Anyway, this sale is being pitched as you can install on 2 PCs *and* 2 Android devices.

I myself have not used AdGuard on either device type, but it seems to be generally well received in the several posts I've read about it here and on Wilders, though some have concerns about the way it intercepts HTTPS traffic.

The sale lasts for another 2 days.

Midnight Rambler:
it intercepts HTTPS traffic.
-mwb1100 (May 03, 2015, 03:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

This feature is particularly interesting as neither of my other two ad blockers (AdMuncher and AdBlock+) do this.  Youtube ads have become really annoying.

Innuendo:
This license normally sells for $90 on the AdGuard site (the StackSocial page claims it normally sells for $120).
--- End quote ---

Looks like they have re-done their licensing structure. They have changed things up a little and offer mobile-only and desktop-only solutions as well as a mix-and-match option. According to their new pricing, a lifetime premium license good on one mobile & one PC is $59.95...so they are just doubling that than using their figure for if you bought a 2+2 license from them for $89.90.

It looks like if you use the mix-and-match option of both PCs and Android devices, they give you the the same amount of Android licenses for PC licenses you are buying (or vice versa). That works out much cheaper than their old prices.

And this deal is still a good one. I have been pondering buying their product for a while now & I doubt it will ever be cheaper than it is with this offer.

mwb1100:
it intercepts HTTPS traffic.
--- End quote ---

This feature is particularly interesting as neither of my other two ad blockers (AdMuncher and AdBlock+) do this.  Youtube ads have become really annoying.
-Midnight Rambler (May 03, 2015, 11:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Right, but some people are concerned that it does this by replacing certificates so it can be a man-in-the-middle and that can be a security issue.  However, I think the bottom line is that if you want ads blocked in sites that use HTTPS, the blocker needs access to the stream, so that means either doing this or being a browser extension so it can have access after the stream is decrypted.  Either way you need to trust the blocking software with access to the https-protected data, so I think the remaining issue is whether or not the technique potentially opens the https-protected data to other entities (be it malware on your computer or something monitoring the network). I have no idea if that's the case with AdGuard.

Innuendo:
This feature is particularly interesting as neither of my other two ad blockers (AdMuncher and AdBlock+) do this.  Youtube ads have become really annoying.-Midnight Rambler (May 03, 2015, 11:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

My free beta period with AdGuard is running out soon so I've been trying to wean myself off of their product & now I'm seeing all these YouTube ads and ads before videos on news sites. It's brutal....I think it's almost worth $40 for YouTube ad-blocking alone.

(Ad Muncher used to block YouTube ads....back in the glory days of regular updates).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version