ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Up and coming photosharing site

(1/3) > >>

Edvard:
Yourep
http://www.yourep.com
Look out flickr! This site is run by one of the guys I've been yakking with on Gabbly. Yourep is in active development and a full API is currently in the works. He's a hard-working coder as well as a nice guy in need of some testers/users/feedback. No transfer limits and there's more coming down the pipe as more users get on. I've invited Flo (yourep.com dev) to check in and let us know more details.
Check it out...

Flo:
Hi :D Thanks for the invitation (I'm the coder/admin from yourep)

so.. what is coming down the pipe besides the current server going down the drain?
This evening I finished up the most important part of the API (that I didnt make public yet). But you can expect the most important functions being done by the end of the week - if moving to the new server doesnt take up to much time.

A lot from the basic service is done already.. here list with the most important things:
after registering you can upload two ways:
 - either you pick a couple files one by one .. or
 - you pack a zip file with photos and upload that zip file (batch-upload)

what can you do with the images:
 - you can add a title and comment to them
 - add tags
 - add notes (by marking a part of the image) and define peope, objects
 - you can turn images 90, 180 or 270°
 - make pics public, private or viewable for friends only (only available before upload for now)
 - images will be saved in a couple different sizes
 - you can hotlink the sizes box, thumb, small

now whats up with those folders (you can find it under the link "folder browser)
 - you can create folders, rename and delete them
 - move images from one folder into another with a single click (using the click-action menu)
 - add images into galleries with a single click (click-action)

also in the folder browser you can find functions that are not added to other places for now:
 - code collector .. click on the images you want the BB or HTML-code for (for the owner only for now)
 - create galleries

galleries:
 - edit title
 - edit description
 - change order of images with two click .. pick the image to move, pick the image it should be moved after

slideshows are partly done

you can search for tags, objects and people
 advances search is still missing

messaging center
 - write messages to other users

and much more.. perhaps check out the list here: http://www.yourep.com/nav/learn_more
also I post new things into the news section: http://www.yourep.com/nav/news

I think I could write an hour about the site and upcoming functions.. but simply check it out yourself

I hope I get some feedback :D

regards,
Florian

mouser:
welcome to the site florian.  looks like a fun service!

Flo:
thanks mouser, and hi *wink*
and so I'll have fun too in the next days I'm gonna pull a backup of the scripts *right now* :D

Carol Haynes:
Welcome Florian ... looking like it is going to be very useful. I really like the way you can tag parts of an image with a label ... cool. The interface looks really simple and uncluttered too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version