ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MS-DOS Player for Win32-x64

<< < (2/3) > >>

MilesAhead:
Heh heh.  5 1/4" floppy sounds much easier than trying that surgery on a 3.5" plastic jobber.  :)
-MilesAhead (April 30, 2015, 08:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
I have a boxful of 3.5" disks that are waiting for me to get round either to destroying them or suddenly discovering a use for the things: perhaps I'll give it a try.

I might see if I can find someone with more than the usual complement of fingers to do the scalpel-work, though. :D
-oblivion (April 30, 2015, 09:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's weird the stuff you find in drawers.  I had a stack of 10 CD caddies left over from around 1993.  I assumed CD drives would all use caddies so I bought a 10 pack from Computer Shopper.  I think 7 of them were still in the cellophane in 2013.  :)

oblivion:
It's weird the stuff you find in drawers.  I had a stack of 10 CD caddies left over from around 1993.  I assumed CD drives would all use caddies so I bought a 10 pack from Computer Shopper.  I think 7 of them were still in the cellophane in 2013.  :)-MilesAhead (April 30, 2015, 09:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
Not quite the same thing, but I keep tripping over the 5-CD changer I used to have in the BBS I ran back in the late 90s. I can't quite bring myself to get shot of it, "just in case" but really... too much nostalgia is probably bad for you. (See previous comment re fingers. ;) )

MilesAhead:
It's weird the stuff you find in drawers.  I had a stack of 10 CD caddies left over from around 1993.  I assumed CD drives would all use caddies so I bought a 10 pack from Computer Shopper.  I think 7 of them were still in the cellophane in 2013.  :)-MilesAhead (April 30, 2015, 09:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
Not quite the same thing, but I keep tripping over the 5-CD changer I used to have in the BBS I ran back in the late 90s. I can't quite bring myself to get shot of it, "just in case" but really... too much nostalgia is probably bad for you. (See previous comment re fingers. ;) )
-oblivion (April 30, 2015, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Weird how stuff changes.  A few weeks ago I was trying to tell someone about this online service that was very expensive and only a few hotshots had an account.  I couldn't remember the name CompuServe until about an hour later.  :)

mwb1100:
And source is available!  Maybe one day I'll get to poke around in it.

oblivion:
I couldn't remember the name CompuServe until about an hour later.  :)
-MilesAhead (April 30, 2015, 09:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
...and the cost of Compuserve is one of the main reasons (for me, anyway) Fidonet existed. <sigh>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version