ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Doing an append to the clipboard

<< < (2/3) > >>

superticker:
... just select several clips in the main window, and join them together, separated by some character. I think it'd be easier than adding another hotkey.-jgpaiva (June 18, 2006, 04:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, the above suggestion is okay, but I also need a way to append clips from several different documents.

For example, I manage an e-mailing list, and I get bounces spread across 30 different e-mails.  I need to merge their address contents ("550 User unknown" from different mail daemons) into a single laundry list so I can unsubscribe them from this e-mailing list.  The append hotkey lets me do that easily.

Also, I'm trying to select multiple discontinous words right here in Firefox.  Can Firefox even do this?  I know how to select discontinous cells in Excel; but not in Firefox, Notepad, or Outlook.  If there's a way, please tell me know.

mouser:
right, ok so too different things here.
superticker - wants a hotkey so he can select, hit hotkey to APPEND new selection to clipboard.
jgpaiva (and others) - want command to select a bunch of clips and merge them to one.

jgpaiva:
I can see superticker's point of view, but wouldn't it be almost the same?
I mean, i also would like the hotkey, as it'd make it faster, but i'm not much for hotkeys.

The main reason i need this is because it'd be much easier to make newsletter address collecting for example. I could collect all the links, keep copying them one by one, then go to the main window, select them all and join them together. I know the hotkey would be optional, i'm just wondering if i'm misunderstanding or miscomunicating something.

mouser:
no, i think you've got it right..

which is faster and more efficient might depend on how many of these you are doing.
if you are doing a lot, i think the normal process of copying all and then going to main chs window and "merging" a bunch of clips would be better, and less prone to error.

if you are just doing like 2 or 3 at a time, then a special hotkey might be faster just because you wouldn't have to open up the chs window to operate it.

rjbull:
you wouldn't have to open up the chs window to operate it.
-mouser (June 18, 2006, 02:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

FWIW, The free version of ClipCache allows you to right-click on its tray icon, which pops up a little menu.  There you can change from Capture Clips = each clip is separate to Append text captures which accumulates everything in one clip until turned off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version