ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Comodo Internet Security -- a cautionary tale?

<< < (8/8)

oblivion:
I've bought into F-Secure for a year. It's genuinely low-impact, doesn't annoy me too much (occasionally the deepguard program jumps up and asks me if I trust whatever program it is I've just started but it does that very rarely -- it's cloud-based so there must be quite a few people with similar tastes in weird software to me populating their "this program's okay" list.

I use Process Lasso to monitor cpu usage on here. The lowest level cpu usage drops to when the system's idle is as close to zero as I've ever seen it.

I'm aware that F-Secure isn't quite at the top of the detection tree, but despite that they have some of the most well-respected AV researchers on the planet AND the product ticks all the boxes for being unobtrusive and low-impact.

I'll come back here if I pick up a virus, or if something happens to change my mind. However, this was a lot of work and I freely admit it was more subjective than objective (if my system feels sluggish, then I'm not going to be happy even if some bit of paper somewhere tells me it ain't so). I would also say that a full-blown internet security package might well have been evaluated differently and other people might well want that rather than just AV, so I won't try to suggest this is an unqualified endorsement of F-Secure. YMMV, in other words -- but I'm happy with it so far.

Lolipop Jones:
Last used Comodo about three years ago. 

My experience was that the false positives came at me more or less like confetti at a Mardi Gras parade, so I killed it and went to the paid version of Malwarebytes combined with the free version of Bitdefender.  Very happy with this combination and plan to continue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version