ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

So, what pdf reader app is your fav?

<< < (11/15) > >>

Nod5:
Since some here are coming around to Sumatra let me do a plug for my sumatra_highlight_helper tool. It is  really useful, if you ask me. :D

jojo99:
I have been using PDF Xchange Viewer for years.  I tried the newly free PDF Xchange Editor a few months back but didn't like it and switched back to the viewer.

dr_andus:
I have been using PDF Xchange Viewer for years.  I tried the newly free PDF Xchange Editor a few months back but didn't like it and switched back to the viewer.
-jojo99 (September 20, 2015, 01:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

I did the same for a while (though with the Pro versions). Editor felt like an unfinished product for quite a while. However, at one point they seem to have reached parity with Viewer, and then I found Editor to be superior, given its additional features.

Out of curiosity, what is it that you don't like in Editor?

urlwolf:
Try okular. Comes with KDE for windows. It has two key features:

* It has an overview mode, where you can see 3 pages at once on a big monitor
* It removes the white borders around pages.Anyone has a reader than can provide this?

Curt:
I have been testing the free Foxit Reader for a couple of days and have many good things to say about it, because it also has a free editor included. However, there is a big difference between the Reader and the Editor: the Editor does not handle Unicode! I was "shocked" to see this, but there you go.

The original in Danish:

629x390 pixels

and when the same text merely has been touched & saved by the free Foxit editor:

635x318 pixels

I am disappointed. Foxit will now leave the house.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version