ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

So, what pdf reader app is your fav?

<< < (4/15) > >>

Nod5:
Yes, Sumatra can handle all these file formats: PDF, ePub, MOBI, CHM, XPS, DjVu, CBZ, CBR

xtabber:
SumatraPDF is a great file viewer and the fact that it supports so many formats makes it a great tool to keep on hand, particularly as a portable viewer.  That said, it is too bare-bones to be my regular pdf viewer. A major problem for me is print support - pages cannot be resized or fitted to paper size. It also has no editing support and does not support forms at all, making it unusable in many situations.

Adobe Reader is now ridiculously bloated and larded with "features" that attempt to get you to buy additional online services from Adobe. I gave up on it after Version 9.5.  For several years, I have used PDF Xchange Pro, but the free version is probably adequate for most people.  It's not noticeably slower than SumatraPDF and actually performs better with very large and complex documents, in my experience.

MerleOne:
Granted, I never use SumatraPDF for editing neither printing, just viewing and it is just perfect for that.

Curt:
Note: For those users that would still like to use the licensed "PRO" version of PDF-XChange Viewer, the Serial keys for PDF-XChange Editor, PDF-Tools and PDF-XChange Pro are compatible for directly unlocking the "Pro" features of the Viewer.-Tracker Software Products
--- End quote ---

^...hehe; "you're welcome to use this $25 program, if you pay us $44 or more"   ;)  http://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-viewer

---------------

What do 'we' use on Win 10?

I was pleasently surprised to see how fast the default pdf-reader in Win 10 is, and to realize Win 10  even has print-to-pdf as default (maybe because I have no physical printer connected)! But I need editor features, so I am still in the market for a lightweight editor / heavyweight viewer...

Has Win 10 made you change your pdf programs?  :tellme:

mouser:
I've been using FoxIt free.. I guess i should try sumatra.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version