ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Ludum Dare 32: April 17th-20th, 2015

<< < (6/7) > >>

Deozaan:
Thanks tomos. I appreciate the feedback. :)

Deozaan:
Here's a simple game. It looks nice, has a cohesive art style, and is entertaining for a few minutes.

Ridiculous Bird Hunting by eastes

Deozaan:
Here's an amazing game. It has incredible graphics, music, and the gameplay concept was pretty cool, too!

Fathom by Joe Williamson

TaoPhoenix:
I found the controls awkward, and it cramped up my hand/wrist while I was trying to play.
-Deozaan (April 27, 2015, 05:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
Very broadly, I've fiddled with unusual hand placements to deal with this, especially variants on cross-over-hand stuff.

TaoPhoenix:
I don’t know why, but somehow the very act of giving up altogether on LD32 filled me with inspiration. I had moved on physically, but my mind couldn’t think of anything else. I was excited about this new idea! I could hardly wait to finish showering so I could get back to my computer and see if it worked as well in practice as it did in my mind.
--- End quote ---
Interesting how often you hear of things working out -
or, as in this case, you getting the good idea, after one has given up.
-Deozaan (April 28, 2015, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
-tomos (April 28, 2015, 05:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's been explored in the business schools. Various words describe the exact cases, but somewhere it often links to "reducing the pressure to deal with dead baggage". One of the accounting terms we learned was "sunk costs" and the example of the "inefficient machine" - that let's say you buy a Widget Maker and it is what it is, but over time it both ages in ability, and has a bad upkeep curve. So you just finally say you refuse to be bound by it anymore.

So you ditch it, and start looking at next generation Other-Widgets that do something completely different but the returns on both investment and maybe "satisfaction" are way higher.

(ps bleh I messed up the quotes)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version