ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

I have put a "share with facebook" type thing on the pages (temporarily?)..

<< < (6/9) > >>

cranioscopical:
how's the new version -- small static buttons on bottom of forum page (sidebar of site pages).
-mouser (March 28, 2015, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I hadn't noticed them—which is fine by me. Does everyone reach the bottom of forum pages?

Renegade:
^ Looks like it's gone now.

cranioscopical:
Mouser knows I am just being honest
-Stephen66515 (March 29, 2015, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
I wonder if others do? Could there be a more appropriate way to express things?

app103:
What is the purpose of sharing on other social media is my thought?  Is there a viable reason?  Or is it just because everyone is doing it?  If there's not a reason for it- and it's just to follow trends, then why do it?
-wraith808 (March 29, 2015, 08:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think we need social sharing buttons (at least not of this type), but we do need more social sharing to promote DC and grow.

We have a Facebook page that has very little reach.
We have a Twitter and G+ that is the same.

What we need is for DC members that use those services to follow, like, circle, etc.

But it's not enough to just do one click and be done, because that is ineffective for spreading DC and does not increase our reach. It's not social sharing.

What we need is retweets and liking/sharing posts, on an ongoing basis. If you are a DC member on these services, you are the best candidate to help spread DC to your friends and followers, there. That is social sharing and that is what we need.

I created the Twitter account and did a lot of work on the Facebook page to make it look good, for the purpose of introducing new people to our site and community...not for current members to keep up with DC, as most of you may have believed. Stephen and I can't do this all by ourselves. We need you to help by sharing with your friends, too.

So, all you current DC members that Liked our Faceook page, followed us on Twitter, circled us on G+, your job is only partly done. There is still more for you to do, and it doesn't involve adding buttons to this site, unless they are buttons that lead people to our pages on these services. And those would be best added to the highest traffic pages...the ones with the software that brings them here, or possibly at the top of the page, like this:

BUT...if there is going to be any new site design or upgrading the forum, it would probably be best done at that time, to fit into the new site design, provided that will take place in the near future.

And that is what I believe should be our first serious social sharing step.

wraith808:
Mouser knows I am just being honest
-Stephen66515 (March 29, 2015, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
I wonder if others do? Could there be a more appropriate way to express things?
-cranioscopical (March 29, 2015, 11:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

^ This.  Because being honest is never a good excuse for trolling and baiting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version