ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

TV shows thread

(1/6) > >>

Renegade:
TV shows don't fit into short films or movies. So, might as well give them their own space so that they don't encroach on the other topics. :)

For sci-fi enthusiasts, "12 Monkeys" is pretty darn good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3148266/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_Monkeys_%28TV_series%29

The time plot is well done, which is no mean feat.

nosh:
The 12 Monkeys movie was so damn good, I decided against watching the show.  :P

There's nothing on TV I'm crazy about at the moment - but Game of Thrones resumes soon!  :-*

HBO's The Jinx (multi-part documentary) is an absolute must-watch.

Better Call Saul is quite watchable and is bound to get more interesting, I'm glad they started off at a leisurely pace and didn't get pressured to come out all guns blazing because of the show's ancestry.

Black Sails (Starz drama about pirates) is also good viewing - I've loved every Starz show I've watched so far. Their casting is always brilliant and they're never prudish in any sense and tend to be less than politically correct, a welcome change from all the PC bullshit that's churned out by so many others. poo.gif
Black Sails season 1 which aired some months back was especially good and I'd definitely recommend it.

I'm about to start watching Outlander soon (another Starz show) - I haven't read the book(s?) or watched the movie(s?) so know very little about the premise but I've got a good feeling about it.

Lastly, Letterman's retiring soon. I haven't missed a single episode in years, the guy's simply the best at what he does and I'm going to miss him. I can't believe Colbert (with his massive following of trained seals ;D /troll ) is taking over the show.  :-\
J/K- Colbert is talented indeed, I just hope he gets out of his 'Nation' mode for his new assignment.

wraith808:
It's not just a good time at the movies for super heroes:

Agents of SHIELD is really hitting its stride, Arrow is doing well, and The Flash started out with a running start.

Gotham has so much potential, and so many good points, that it's hard to see it struggle.

I'm really waiting for the Netflix Marvel explosion to begin with Daredevil.  I especially love the way that they aren't going string you along week-by-week waiting to see what's going to happen.  Interesting experiment for a variety of reasons.

Stoic Joker:
For some light campy mindless fun check out the new iZombie It's a knockoff of the 'Dead Like Me' formula, but very well done IMO.

Shades:
Continuing where Stoic Joker left off, 'The Walking Dead' and 'Z Nation' are very enjoyable zombie TV-shows as well. Both are very different. TWD is already around for 5 seasons and none of these are bad. Z finished its 1st season and is much(!) more tongue-in-cheek.

'Helix' is also a very enjoyable. A lot of series from SyFy are. From them also comes a sci-fi mini-series, called 'Ascencion', which is very well done. Know as little as possible about this mini-series as possible for full enjoyment, though. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version