ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The 2015 10th Anniversary DonationCoder.com Fundraiser Cheer for Victory Thread!

<< < (4/19) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Can't believe how long I have been here and how many words I must have typed during that time
--- End quote ---
we need a function that will export a pdf ebook for a user showing all posts that have participated in, with their contributions colored differently.
-mouser (March 24, 2015, 04:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

<-- is terrified of "the complete works of Mouser on DC" - 34,000+ posts!?
:tellme:

tomos:
^ :)

on a practical note:
I wanted to give a couple of people donations - if I 'make a donation' does it all automatically go to the site?
or do I have do donate to the site after getting the credits, if you follow me.

Deozaan:
I wanted to give a couple of people donations - if I 'make a donation' does it all automatically go to the site?
or do I have do donate to the site after getting the credits, if you follow me.-tomos (March 24, 2015, 05:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Once you click the link in the email confirming your donation you get your donation as DonationCredits which you can disburse as you see fit.

TaoPhoenix:
^ :)

on a practical note:
or do I have do donate to the site after getting the credits, if you follow me.
-tomos (March 24, 2015, 05:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you right click a name, the last item on the bottom is "donate to this member".
: )

mouser:
Several people have asked questions in this vein so let me give my spiel:

* When you make a donation via paypal, amazon, etc, that action is what increases the thermometer.
* Using donationcredits does not affect the thermometer.
* You still get the normal email link when you donate that will let you activate the donationcredits into your forum account, where you can give them out to whoever you want.
* Theoretically, if everyone activated their donation and used their donationcredits by giving them them out to random people who cashed them out, then the "fundraiser" would not actually do much for the site coffers and hosting costs.
* However in practice, only a small minority goes through the process of converting their donation to donationcredits and then gives out their credits to someone they want to thank -- and because of that, most donations fall back by default into the site coffers.
* Most importantly, my position is this -- if you are engaged enough in the site that you have someone you want to send your donationcredits to, to say thank you for their work on coding snacks, or helping people on the forum, etc., then sending your donation to them is just as valuable a way to support the site as any, and thus is a well directed fundraiser contribution.
* So the bottom line: Whether you do nothing, or send your donation credits to the site account, or send them to anyone on the site that you appreciate, they are all equally valid ways of participating in the fundraiser.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version