ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: Rescue orphans

<< < (6/7) > >>

Cavalcader:
By the way, I hope some other folks are trying out the program (or the script). jgpaiva's done an excellent job with it

Cavalcader:
Please be advised that there seems to be a bug when a sub-subdirectory within a subdirectory has files but the main dir only has the subdir. On my system it copies all the files to a single filename (no extension) in the root, and then deletes them. What you end up with is a file named after the subdir by itself in that dir, with the contents being whatever the last file copied was.

I know that's complicated -- here's a better way to put it.

Example:
Dir A
  File A1
  File A2
  Dir B
    < no files here >
    Dir C
      File C1
      File C2
      File C3 All the "Dir C" files get copied to dir (folder) "A" with the name "Dir B", and then they're deleted from Dir C. The "Dir B" file in "A" then only consists of one of the files that were in "C". In my testing, it happened to be the last one alphabetically, but that may vary.
 :tellme:

Result:
Dir A
  File A1
  File A2
  File (named "Dir C", no extension)
  Dir B
    < no files here >
    Dir C
      < no files here >

I've been in touch with jgpaiva, and he asked me to post here. So far, he can't reproduce the sequence of events.

Is anybody else using this script/program? Please reply. If not, I won't worry about keeping current info here. All this formatting's a pain. ;)

jgpaiva:
Man.. Thank you so much for this folder tree you made in your last post. Now i understood exactly where the problem was.
The folders weren't being moved correcly. It's fixed now.

RescueOrphans v1.01 updated 04-10-2006:
Retrieves single files lost in deep directories.

--- End quote ---
[Forum Topic][.ahk Version][.exe Version]

Cavalcader:
Kewl! Yeah, I'm kind of a visual person myself -- it's real clumsy to put something like that situation above into words. :)

Maggy160:
Wouldn't it be better if it would remove these empty folders as well?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version