ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Creative PC Cases

(1/4) > >>

app103:
A friend of mine took the idea of case mods to an extreme...building a pc out of recycled parts into an old bar-b-que grill that his mom was going to throw away.

Creative PC Cases

Creative PC Cases

I love it! ;D

Maybe I'll be able to get him to come here to respond and discuss it.

brotherS:
I'm not into case modding, but this one looks pretty cool  ;D

Carol Haynes:
Shame he sidn't incorporate a flatscreen monitor in the lid - he could have had a portable ;-)

I hope he had some good insulation!

aston127:
hehe

It's mine :)

just recently won a "computer showoff" contest thing at school .. and at the time the damn thing wouldnt even boot, hard drive might as well had a hole in it.  It runs suprisingly cool though, cooled by an 80mm "blowhole" and a 120mm on the bottom.  Makes a LOT of noise.  its its a AMD-K6 333mhz lol 192 mb of RAM.. usually has either Windows 2000 on it, or sometimes I put FreeBSD on it, (with the devil mascot as the wallpaper :P).  I'm planning to make another this summer, a little bit neater, and I might put useable hardware in it too. I'm trying to find some newer pictures of it, because its changed a little since those pictures.  I painted the inside candy apple red being the most visible difference.  I'll back with photos...

Jacob

[edit]
on the lcd screen idea... i DID briefly consider that because i have a few laptop lcd's laying around, but i looked into the hardware required to get them to work with that pc, and it was insanely pricey, cheaper to buy a lcd ready-to-go and i really didnt wanna put much money into it, actually, i have a little over 2 dollars invested in that case, without labor of course lol
[/edit]

f0dder:
A couple of friends and I built a custom casing quite some years ago, before all the rage of casemodding kiddos started. Back in ye olde days of 1999. The box has been disassembled and defunct for many years, but I still have the video we shot:

http://f0dder.reteam.org/misc/making.mpg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version