topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:35 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: 10th Anniversary - long time member check-in thread  (Read 298124 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: 10th Anniversary - long time member check-in thread
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2015, 09:35 PM »
For those not familiar with some of the amazing illustrations that nick (nudone) has done, a good site to check out is his Codex Transportica: http://www.codextransportica.com/
lol!!! those are hilarious!!

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2015, 12:26 AM »
Happy birthday, nudone!

I have to join with mouser and say thank you for your contributions to this site, and especially for Cody.

This site wouldn't be what it is without Cody as its mascot.

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2015, 02:06 AM »
Hello mouser + all forum members

I am still around, occasionally logged in, but mostly lurking  :-[

Congrats on the 10th anniversary :eusa_dance: :beerchug:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2015, 02:25 AM »
Phil !!!
Thank you for saying hello.  I know it must be hard for some of you to break a long streak of not posting.. Must feel very strange.  Maybe even for some it feels like backsliding into online habits that were not healthy?  If that describes you, please know that this isn't about trying to drag anyone back into a past life -- just about me/us remembering people that had an impact here.

skrommel

• Fastest code in the west
  • Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • 1 Hour Software by skrommel
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2015, 03:20 PM »
Happy anniversary, mouser! :)

I'm late to join this thread, and I must have been late joining DoncationCoder, too, 'cause no way it's been 10 years!  :tellme:

DonationCoder was my 40 year crisis, 8) together with buying a piano, and I must say it was a fun time, completing a Coding Snack just about every other night! I still have the DonationCredits, but I'll probably bankrupt DonationCoder if I withdraw them? :o

But three kids and a wife soon took their fair share of attention, :-* and now I run my little five man computer firm, selling computers, hosting servers, developing web pages and of course programming helpful tools for local businesses, so I still use AutoHotkey pretty much every day!  :Thmbsup:

In the evenings I run the town news web page, and dream of finding the time to complete my groundbreaking software project and retire at 50! :)

So thank you DonationCoder, for all the praise, and for giving my life direction!

I'll be back full time when that retirement is secured, mouser! :P

Skrommel

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2015, 03:51 PM »
skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif skrommel.gif

SKROMMEL!!!!!!!!! !!! !!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!!!!! !!!!! !!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Truly one of our most mysterious, fantastical, and treasured members.  Some people don't even believe you are human!  And here we even got a peak into the life of a skrommel -- love it!  Perhaps you will consider posting one day a photo of the skrommel gang/family?

As for your accumulated DonationCredits -- they are yours and you deserve every cent, and you should withdraw them and use them to buy some nice vacation for you and the family -- and I know it would make all of your fans happy to know you were enjoying something because of their donations.  Message me and we can figure out a good way to send you the donations that maybe avoids a large paypal fee -- and you might need to wait until the end of the upcoming fundraiser for the funds.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO POST!!!!! SKROMMEL  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

CleverCat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2015, 05:21 AM »
Anyone know what happened to Moranacus?

Doesn't answer my emails and last active December 2010!

mnemonic

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • My website
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2015, 08:20 AM »
Hello!

It's been a while since I last came here, but I've missed it!  Really nice to get the email mouser  :)  And it's great to see the forum so busy!

Different priorities took me away for a while.  After doing some python stuff (my NANY 2010 mug stills sits proudly on the desk!), I went on to work with a bit of Angular / KnockoutJS, just for fun.  After a job move, I now work with people doing Android and iOS development, so I've spent the last year trying to understand mobile architecture.  It's fun, but the difference in models between web and mobile is like learning to tie shoelaces in a completely different way   :wallbash:

Since I last visited, I've moved from being a Windows guy to being an OSX guy too  :mad:

I'll try not to leave it so long next time...especially as mouser's challenges are what got me back into coding in the first place  :Thmbsup:

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2015, 01:19 PM »
In the evenings I run the town news web page, and dream of finding the time to complete my groundbreaking software project and retire at 50! :)
Hey skrommel :) Your coding snacks were wonderful, wishing you the project success that you aim for!

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2015, 01:22 PM »
mouser's challenges are what got me back into coding in the first place  :Thmbsup:
mouser will love to read that... I did! 8) So cool when small things lead to lovely bigger things later on.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2015, 01:40 PM »
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Hi mnemonic! -- brotherS is right -- it makes me happy to hear the coding challenges helped motivate you!

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2015, 02:03 PM »
Hello old friends, and Happy Anniversary!

I still visit this fine forum once in a while, but I unfortunately don't have the time that I once had to test and post about software.

Still I hope to have something worthwhile to post at some point in the future.

Best Regards to Mouser and friends!  :)

BGM

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • bgmCoder DC
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2015, 09:42 PM »
That long, huh? :)
Hello, everyone! Still alive, just life bitchin' me...
Joby!  I didn't know you were here!  
Joby_Toss and I are beta testers for FreeCommanderXE.

Mouser - I wasn't in the list!  :P  And I get all the rss feeds.

kfitting

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2015, 06:06 AM »
Didn't make the list, but its been a long time. When DC started (and I was very excited about FARR... still one of the first programs I load on a fresh OS install, though I am no power-user of it), I was very into tweaking my computer... now, I've gotten 10 years older and just want it to work so I can! But I still checkin every now and then. This thread has been interesting... lots of names from yesteryear!

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2015, 08:13 AM »
Hi everyone! I haven't participated much in years because I've been off doing other things. Too much internet, too little sunshine. Among other things, I've friended many top performance photographers around the world and started G+'s first ballet community, Ballet Every Day. I even had nude ballet photos for a while until Google (and facebook) shot that down -- you know, any American social site can't handle a phucking nipple or slit! I don't know jack about photography, except that if I were a photographer I'd be raiding the local ballet company for photos, since you can tell a ballerina to do anything, and she can actually do it, unlike professional models.

Still using Linux (openSUSE), Android, Chromebook, but am delighted to see what Satya Nadella has done so far with Microsoft. Nadella seems also to have halted Microsoft's relentless patent-trolling, letting Apple take that lead, for, after all, Steve Job did invent hydrogen, helium, and nitrogen, and therefore everything in the goddamned universe is owned by Apple. Hope you guys are doing well; I'll be in and out.

taichimaster

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2015, 12:47 PM »
Hey guys,

Congratulations on the 10th anniversary! zridling, I remember enjoy reading your posts/reviews because they always came with good and enjoyable photos lol  :up:

Anyway, I have moved on to OS X as my main system (due to work) so I don't read software reviews and look for discounts very often anymore.  At work, I still do some cross platform work, but mainly develop and maintain some Mac/iOS apps so objective-c (and lately Swift) is my main gig.  Even though I develop on OS X, I still use FARR, xplorer2 and website-watcher (which I got a discount from here) everyday on a separate machine.  Such essential tools...

Good old times here Jesse, and just the other day I found a "super duper programmer" in my t-shirt collection which I think I got it from here (along with a DC mug)!!!  Way coooool!  :-*

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2015, 12:49 PM »
hi sajman, BGM, kfitting, and zaine!!! This thread makes me so happy to see all of your faces.

Zaine, when are you going to write your autobiography or thoughts on life? I cannot think of a book I want to read more  :)

taichi!!!! you snuck in right while i was posting -- sooooo good to see you!!  :-*

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2015, 12:09 AM »
I'm very happy that I'm not a lost sheep :)

I count the NANY years as some of the happiest I've spent in an online community. I'm more likely to catch up with DC's RSS feed these days, but it's not in the same ball park as being a regular visitor.

I also concur with the underlying sense of guilt that others have mentioned... but there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day.

And we're also spending more days out and about: We've just come back from walking down in the Australian Alps (Google Story: I haven't even blogged that yet :( ), and are planning on doing the 660km of the Australian Alps Walking Track in Spring and the Great North Walk over a couple of weeks in Winter (as final preparations).

It's awesome that DC's 10 and reading this tread has been wonderful (but I've got to start thinking about what thermals we're going to get and how to shave those extra 100gms off our pack weights...)!

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2015, 02:51 AM »
skrommel !!

( Though I am not a lost member, I beg everyone to allow me to wish to skrommel. )

I knew you were busy somewhere and will come to us one day :D

You do not know, but I am indebted to you. I have learned Autohotkey more from your codes in www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/ than from anywhere else. I feel proud to say that I have become known developer from my NANY apps due to your help. DC has given me a platform to showcase my abilities.

Though very small, all my DC credits actually belong to DC and you. I am donating mine to DC and hope it will help you to withdraw some of your credits. My best wishes for your family. Please keep visiting.

Regards,

Anand

BGM

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • bgmCoder DC
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2015, 08:39 AM »
Skrommel - I concur with anandcoral - since you were so kind to post so many autohotkey scripts (source and all!) - I too used your work as a launching board for learning autohotkey.   Now I used autohotkey ALL THE TIME and I don't even have to always look up the API anymore.

So I thank you, too, Skrommel!

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2015, 10:48 AM »
Greetings greetings  :Thmbsup:

I do now and then come back and peek, but I am not there often enough to jump in so I just lurk.

Life's gotten far too busy now that I got it into my head (my midlife crisis, different from Skrommel's) to be a wine merchant.
Not making a living of it yet so ALSO contracting... and using more webtools (grumbling all the way, often) than software as a result (other people's PCs etc.)

But this site, community and all it has to offer should be there another 10 years I hope, in whatever form it will take...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2015, 02:51 PM »
iphigenie! great to see you!!! This is quickly becoming one of my favorite threads :)

I hope skrommel sees the sweet words being said about him here.  :-*

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2015, 02:52 PM »
ps.
I hope none of you current regulars get any funny ideas from this thread and make plans to disappear for a few years just to get the lost sheep treatment !  >:(
Don't even think about it!!!!!

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2015, 03:11 PM »
ps.
I hope none of you current regulars get any funny ideas from this thread and make plans to disappear for a few years just to get the lost sheep treatment !  >:(

Who leaked our plans?  ;D

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2015, 03:20 PM »
ps.

Who leaked our plans?  ;D

I told you he'd get wise to us... :P