ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

10th Anniversary - long time member check-in thread

<< < (7/43) > >>

Cavalcader:
Hi, gang! Mouser, a hearty congratulations on the decadal anniversary, and it's great to hear from you. I've enjoyed this site and even tried to keep up with the newsletter & its links, but I've also had some unexpected bumps in the road taking a lot of my attention in recent years. Rather than get too overwhelmed to function I've kind of scaled back my online activities among other things.

That's gradually changing for the better, and since I'm about to graduate from school I may actually have more of that elusive thing called "free time" again! It sure is good that DC is still alive and kicking, because it's a great resource and a really nice community. :D

BTW, my long-time avatar is kind of ironic given the recent passing of Leonard Nimoy - but all the more fitting as a way to honor the guy.

mouser:
Hi Cavalcader.. Another avatar that brings back memories.  And congratulations on your school! If scaling back your online activities helps your real world life, stick with it!

db90h:
You know, there is something to be said for simply surviving, as an adult/site/business, for 10 years in this world.

Especially for someone who has put themselves 'out there', as mouser has.

Believe me when I say that it comes with more drawbacks than rewards, and takes true courage.

mouser:
Ha, let's not turn my lack of ambition and failure to plan for the future into "courage"!

More importantly, let's leave this thread as the welcome back lost members thread -- and I will start a new thread for people to say good things about me  ;D ;D ;D

db90h:
Oh, no, that was truly meant as courage. Agreed on leaving it as-is though. I am no farther along in socioeconomic status than you, probably you farther than me. FWIW.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version