ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

10th Anniversary - long time member check-in thread

<< < (29/43) > >>

taichimaster:
Hey guys,

Congratulations on the 10th anniversary! zridling, I remember enjoy reading your posts/reviews because they always came with good and enjoyable photos lol  :up:

Anyway, I have moved on to OS X as my main system (due to work) so I don't read software reviews and look for discounts very often anymore.  At work, I still do some cross platform work, but mainly develop and maintain some Mac/iOS apps so objective-c (and lately Swift) is my main gig.  Even though I develop on OS X, I still use FARR, xplorer2 and website-watcher (which I got a discount from here) everyday on a separate machine.  Such essential tools...

Good old times here Jesse, and just the other day I found a "super duper programmer" in my t-shirt collection which I think I got it from here (along with a DC mug)!!!  Way coooool!  :-*

mouser:
hi sajman, BGM, kfitting, and zaine!!! This thread makes me so happy to see all of your faces.

Zaine, when are you going to write your autobiography or thoughts on life? I cannot think of a book I want to read more  :)

taichi!!!! you snuck in right while i was posting -- sooooo good to see you!!  :-*

Perry Mowbray:
I'm very happy that I'm not a lost sheep :)

I count the NANY years as some of the happiest I've spent in an online community. I'm more likely to catch up with DC's RSS feed these days, but it's not in the same ball park as being a regular visitor.

I also concur with the underlying sense of guilt that others have mentioned... but there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day.

And we're also spending more days out and about: We've just come back from walking down in the Australian Alps (Google Story: I haven't even blogged that yet :( ), and are planning on doing the 660km of the Australian Alps Walking Track in Spring and the Great North Walk over a couple of weeks in Winter (as final preparations).

It's awesome that DC's 10 and reading this tread has been wonderful (but I've got to start thinking about what thermals we're going to get and how to shave those extra 100gms off our pack weights...)!

anandcoral:
skrommel !!

( Though I am not a lost member, I beg everyone to allow me to wish to skrommel. )

I knew you were busy somewhere and will come to us one day :D

You do not know, but I am indebted to you. I have learned Autohotkey more from your codes in www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/ than from anywhere else. I feel proud to say that I have become known developer from my NANY apps due to your help. DC has given me a platform to showcase my abilities.

Though very small, all my DC credits actually belong to DC and you. I am donating mine to DC and hope it will help you to withdraw some of your credits. My best wishes for your family. Please keep visiting.

Regards,

Anand

BGM:
Skrommel - I concur with anandcoral - since you were so kind to post so many autohotkey scripts (source and all!) - I too used your work as a launching board for learning autohotkey.   Now I used autohotkey ALL THE TIME and I don't even have to always look up the API anymore.

So I thank you, too, Skrommel!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version