ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

10th Anniversary - long time member check-in thread

<< < (22/43) > >>

mouser:
czb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

That's wonderful! What was your thesis on?  Show us some photos!  And if your mug ever breaks, send me an email so I can send you a replacement  :)

patteo:
Hi Mouser,

Thanks for the reminder email. Wow, I made the lost sheep list. Didn't even realized I made that many posts previously.

I do return to Donationcoder every so often, lurking around, so not really lost. Just not posting as much as in the past.

I'm still using Windows as my main OS, just that my time is split with Android devices as well.

I certainly did learned a lot and still learning about useful software from everyone here and really appreciate that.

Thank you for starting this great site and leading the community.

mouser:
patteo!!! great to see your snoopy avatar, brought a smile to my face :)  :up:

SKesselman:
Hey, mouser - how cool to see your name in my inbox. I hope you and all of the other brilliant DC members are doing well.

Most of the time I was here, I was trying to learn (often by reading interesting threads) how to keep my VAIO running. It occurred to me one day that learning how to do things like dig around in my registry & perform other magic tricks was no longer a skill to be learned, but rather a requirement in order to run windows & over time it really ticked me off that I'd spent so much money and time, only to be forced to learn what did not come naturally to me at all - to need so many skills just to get the computer to allow me to do something simple like write an email. So, one day I just got so frustrated, I turned the VAIO off & never turned it on again. I went 3 years with no computer, the last 2 relying on my iPhone 4s which worked like a dream. Then, I didn't even want a computer but I got one, with the hope of getting a job online. I have an Apple MacBook Pro. I'm taking my time with learning it, but so far it's just like a computer that works.

I loved my time here. I loved the huge variety of topics and most of all I loved the way it was run...nobody except a troll I think was ever condescending of my elementary queries, or anyone else's, and that's really what the forum here was to me. Kind of a shelter from the storm of too much information. I was so happy when I could get help, I remember all of the times members have answered my questions, and how nice everyone was.
I have so much respect for all of you here. It's like the computer keeps telling you, "No", & you all keep saying, "Really? Watch me".
Now I'm just an old lady on Facebook (I still don't understand twitter,  :()
Thanks for pulling me out of the rock I was under, I also have some unfinished business with another member for their kindness when I was on the board. :)

Good luck, have fun & keep up your nice attitude, mouser.  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Sincerely.

Hirudin:
Howdy y'all! Has it already been 10 years? Also, a related question: has it only been 10 years? I still use a lot of the software that I learned about through this forum and some of it I feel like I've been using "forever" so 10 years almost doesn't seem long enough. Thanks for the call-back mouser!

I've picked up the hobby of CNC milling so most of my forum time has been on CNCZone lately. I also have a YouTube channel I've been trying to update every now and then with my current machining projects (I'm sure a clever person could easily find it if they wanted).

My battles with software are unending. The CAD/CAM software landscape is bleak, I don't know how some of these people sleep at night when they charge thousands of dollars for software that is occasionally barely-functional. My desire to vent is hard to repress, but I'll save it for other threads...

Good to see the site is still kicking!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version