ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

metadata

(1/4) > >>

kalos:
hello

my company has a huge number of various documents

I want to file and archive them efficienctly

is there a good way?

I consider adding metadata for each file, that will accompany each of the file, but not sure how to do it

any idea?

thanks!

kalos:
I am thinking how much metadata can the current Windows filesystem can take

IainB:
Windows can probably handle anything you throw at it, but it's unlikely to be of much use if the functionality you would typically require is not integrated within a structured document management system of some kind.
For example, you could do a lot worse than take a look at:
Qiqqa - Reference Management System - Mini-Review
Calibre - e-Book (Personal Library/Document) Management - Mini-Review

mouser:
The issue of filing electronic documents in a nice organized way and preserving extra info, and be able to search, etc.  is an important one.
There are surely some good articles about it online and some good software for it.
Do some research and let us know what you find -- it would be useful information for many.

kalos:
The issue of filing electronic documents in a nice organized way and preserving extra info, and be able to search, etc.  is an important one.
There are surely some good articles about it online and some good software for it.
Do some research and let us know what you find -- it would be useful information for many.
-mouser (March 05, 2015, 10:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

is there any good comparison or review?
for enterprise solutions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version