ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

BitTorrent Sync 2.0 Sucks!

<< < (3/4) > >>

Deozaan:
Well, carp!

I finally got around to reinstalling my apps from backups after upgrading my tablet to Android M (during which I had some complications, and I ended up wiping everything, hence needing to reinstall apps from backups), but now BT Sync 1.4 just crashes and won't run.

I still refuse to update BTSync to 2.x.

Anyone have any recommendations for alternatives? @superboyac: Should I attempt once again to get Syncthing working?

phitsc:
I'm using Syncthing to sync photos of two Android phones to a Synology NAS. What wasn't working for you Deozaan?

Deozaan:
I'm using Syncthing to sync photos of two Android phones to a Synology NAS. What wasn't working for you Deozaan?
-phitsc (January 04, 2016, 06:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

It has been long enough that I don't remember. I think things just wouldn't sync.

I've kind of just given up on rooting/backups/syncing anything from my tablet as it's become too much of a hassle dealing with all the time, especially now that Android is doing more frequent security updates. For some reason rooting makes it so the OTA updates don't work, and the last several times I've tried manually flashing, I just get stuck on the boot animation and I end up having to completely wipe the device to get the flash to take.

This adds extra hassle because I generally have multiple user accounts on my device, and setting everything up again after a fresh wipe is just too much, too often.

So BitTorrent Sync 1.x is still working great on my PC and on my Galaxy Nexus (which is nearly 5 years old, painfully slow, and still running 4.3 KitKat). But for my tablet I've kind of given up on all that. :(

phitsc:
I'm using the latest Syncthing App which was released on Dec. 4th. Both our Android phones are non-rooted, running Android 5.1.1.

superboyac:
Me too, been using syncthing for a while now.  I use it with the synctrayzor front end for the pc, basically so it has a tray icon.

I've found that the android app is buggy with me, so i've stopped using it.  but i'm rooted and mess around a lot, not sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version