ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Super Annoying Freezing Mouse (and Keyboard) - can ANYONE help, PLEASE!?

(1/4) > >>

IQLover:
Hi, I am writing this here because I depserately hope that someone can help me with my EXTREMELY Super Annoying Mouse & Keyboard problem.

I was searching online for months for a solution but couldn't find anything, posted in some forums too, no-one was able to help so far.

I Only found one post that is indentical to my problem (in 99%) and since my English isn't the best, allow me to post here the Link to that
forum post: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/27782-63-super-annoying-freezing-mouse

Pleas read it & help me if you can; I have no mmoney for a new PC & working like this isn't fun at all :(

Only during I wrote theses few sentences my Mouse died 4-times, I am going crazy with this.

I've tried another mouse & keyboard (that I was using for years); tried different USB-Hub, then without Hub connecting them directly
to the front/rear USB ports on my PC, deleted ALL non present HW from the HW-Manager, updated all drivers - NOTHING helps

I have Win 7 Enterprise 32-bit

Thank you in advance!

What I forgot to mention: when the Mouse dies, sometimes the red led on the bottom of the mouse goes out, sometimes it doesn't.
Also the 'device disconnected' icon pops up (inkl. the typical Windows sound), sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes the mouse/keyboard comes
'back to life' immediatelly, but mostly I have to pull it from the USB-Slot and then put it back (sometiimes 2-3-4- times), then it comes back.

Stoic Joker:
I ran into exactly that last week on a brand new fresh from the box Dell server running Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard. Both the keyboard and mouse stopped responding at the console, but if I logged into it via Remote Desktop to worked fine.

I didn't have time to fiddle with the damn thing (server...), so I just replaced both (keyboard and mouse) and it has worked fine ever since.

Probably not what you want to hear...but might be worth considering. Maybe borrow a friends for testing purposes if no spare is available.

IQLover:
so I just replaced both (keyboard and mouse) and it has worked fine ever since.-Stoic Joker (March 03, 2015, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks SJ, but I tried that already,as I stated. I tried 2 diff. Mice & one KB, same shit :(

This Problem started SUDDENLY around the 10.-15. of Octobe last year, after the monthly MS Updates....
so I taught it has something to do with the MS-Updates, so I made a system recovery to the state before the updates
but that didn't help neither...

This sucks BIG time :(

MilesAhead:
so I just replaced both (keyboard and mouse) and it has worked fine ever since.-Stoic Joker (March 03, 2015, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks SJ, but I tried that already,as I stated. I tried 2 diff. Mice & one KB, same shit :(

This Problem started SUDDENLY around the 10.-15. of Octobe last year, after the monthly MS Updates....
so I taught it has something to do with the MS-Updates, so I made a system recovery to the state before the updates

-IQLover (March 03, 2015, 01:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Were the 2 different mice the same make?  Logitech perhaps?  One trick that works sometimes is to open Device Manager, right click on the device giving the problem, then click Delete.  Reboot.  Windows will say it has found new hardware and reinstall the same driver.  For some reason this seems to work about 50% of the time or better.

IQLover:
--- End quote ---

-IQLover (March 03, 2015, 01:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Were the 2 different mice the same make?  Logitech perhaps?  One trick that works sometimes is to open Device Manager, right click on the device giving the problem, then click Delete.  Reboot.  Windows will say it has found new hardware and reinstall the same driver.  For some reason this seems to work about 50% of the time or better.

-MilesAhead (March 03, 2015, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope, they were diff. manufacturer, And yes(!) I did delete them from the dev. manager, as I already wrote in my original post.
Right now, it didn' happen for more than 2 hours, before that 2x in a minute. Believe me I tried everything & googled for months
but couldn't find a solution so far :(

JUST 2 SECONDS after I wrote the above, it happened again, F.*.C.K -  I am sooooooooo pissed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version