ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Logo wanted

<< < (2/2)

prosayist:
I am a programmer and a musician.
--- End quote ---
Sorry; I don't know how I got the idea you were into game hosting

I didn't want to tell you exactly what to do as I know artists like to let their imagination flow... like jazz music. I was thinking of a simplistic, flowing design,...
--- End quote ---
Thanks for not telling me "exactly what to do" but thanks even more for providing input as to what you have in mind.

maybe a fire to the right turning into a ball towards the left (like a ball of wool, not like a ball of fire) and the name in front of it.
--- End quote ---
Could you elaborate on the 'ball of wool'? I don't think I've ever seen one of those
(like a steel scrubbing pad? bundle of sheep fur? skein of yarn?)

just easy to look at, but with an underlying meaning.
--- End quote ---
excellent, that's precisely the design guidelines for any logo  :Thmbsup:
Would you be willing to disclose the 'underlying meaning'? Doing so may help me better understand how it needs to look.

I know this is an odd way of doing it
--- End quote ---
That's great, I'm not like everybody else either :)

what I'm trying to tell my audience is that my website is:
a] user friendly
b] good quality
c] nice to look at
--- End quote ---
Lastly, what do you intend to do with your website?
       (sell programs? give programs? do programming?
        display your music? sell music?
        have a community of some sort a la PHPNuke?
        are you looking to use this site for your resume?
        all of the above?
                   something else entirely?)
Who is your audience?

Of course you want them to know the above 3 characteristics but you also want them to know that (for example) if they need a custom song created they can call on you or (for example again) if they need a custom program, you also offer that or (for example yet again) if they just want to download some cool stuff and talk with some like-minded individuals they've come to the right place.

Maybe I really don't need to know what it is your selling/displaying/sharing/doing but I would certainly appreciate as much information as you can give. Especially the 'ball of wool' thing and the 'underlying meaning' thereof.

Sorry if I presented myself as rude, crude, crass, demanding, demeaning, sarcastic or mad before. Reading my previous post I can see how it might have been construed in that manner but it wasn't intended as such. You don't seem to have taken offense to it but, if you did, please accept my apology.

Good start!
thanks,
-Dan

s0l1dsnak3123:
Could you elaborate on the 'ball of wool'? I don't think I've ever seen one of those
(like a steel scrubbing pad? bundle of sheep fur? skein of yarn?)
--- End quote ---
I was imagining some flames encircling each other randomly in the shape of a ball kinda like a steel wool (I'm guessing its the same as a steel scrubbing pad.).

[EDIT]

In fact a better way to describe it is as three flames (one left, one right, and one above) licking round a transparent ball.

[END EDIT]

Would you be willing to disclose the 'underlying meaning'? Doing so may help me better understand how it needs to look.
--- End quote ---

ermmm... I'm not sure what it is yet... probably just quality software for computer literate and non-computer literate people alike. If there is any help needed, this website is a pillar to support you... that old chestnut  :P

Lastly, what do you intend to do with your website?
       (sell programs? give programs? do programming?
        display your music? sell music?
        have a community of some sort a la PHPNuke?
        are you looking to use this site for your resume?
        all of the above?
                   something else entirely?)
Who is your audience?
--- End quote ---

give programs, do programming, display my music, community.
(p.s what do you mean by using my site as resume? I don't know what that means... :-\)
my audience is anybody who likes to listen to good music and  play free games and use free software... and like the community spirit too :)

if they need a custom program, you also offer that or (for example yet again) if they just want to download some cool stuff and talk with some like-minded individuals they've come to the right place.
--- End quote ---
yes definitely those two. Also if they are bored and want to have a good healthy chat with likeminded, happy, and polite people then this is the place.

Maybe I really don't need to know what it is your selling/displaying/sharing/doing but I would certainly appreciate as much information as you can give.
--- End quote ---
Well I am in the progress of making an IDE for a games programming language called DBC (if you want more info go to http://thegamecreators.com) in visual basic. An IDE is an interface with which programmers can make there games and applications in a handy environment where everything they need is in one program. The things they need are a syntax editor, an IRC client, an email client, a web browser, a media browser, an import / exporter and so on...
I also like to mix music with Sony ACID... but I'm not very good. I am better at playing music than I am at composing it. I am at grade 4 in classical guitar and grade 2 in tenor horn.

I guess thats about it :)

Sorry if I presented myself as rude, crude, crass, demanding, demeaning, sarcastic or mad before. Reading my previous post I can see how it might have been construed in that manner but it wasn't intended as such. You don't seem to have taken offense to it but, if you did, please accept my apology.
--- End quote ---
What?!? I never detected any of that... there is no need to worry I never even noticed  :Thmbsup:

prosayist:
I was imagining some flames encircling each other randomly in the shape of a ball kinda like a steel wool (I'm guessing its the same as a steel scrubbing pad.)... In fact a better way to describe it is as three flames (one left, one right, and one above) licking round a transparent ball.
--- End quote ---
good explanation, I get it.

(all of the above)
--- End quote ---
good deal; guess I know more about your goals than I think

what do you mean by using my site as resume? I don't know what that means
--- End quote ---
traditionally, when applying for a job, one would present the prospective employer with a typewritten page outlining work history, skills, objectives et cetera. Websites are another medium for accomplishing the same goal. just one example of many.. another one(Create Your Own Resume web site?)

that's all for now, I'll post again here soon

Oh, one more thing;
is the 468x60 size crucial or may it be smaller? a little picture of fire and a five letter word would leave an awful lot of blank space.

thanks,
-Dan

s0l1dsnak3123:
is the 468x60 size crucial or may it be smaller? a little picture of fire and a five letter word would leave an awful lot of blank space.
--- End quote ---

That was the case, but as I am starting my site from scratch... make it any size you feel  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version