ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DonationCoder 10th Anniversary plans, ideas, changes, fundraiser?

(1/8) > >>

mouser:
March 23, 2015 will mark the 10th anniversary of the DonationCoder website.  It's hard to believe it's been so long.

I definitely think we need to have a fundraiser to celebrate the anniversary.. It will be the first fundraiser in *three* years, and it would be good for our health if we could raise enough money to pay for our next couple of years of hosting costs.

But I think we also need to use the 10th anniversary as a catalyst for making some changes to improve the place.  I'd like to hear your ideas on changes -- both small and radical -- that we could make to revitalize the site.

So let's consider this a brainstorming thread -- I want to hear your ideas for improving the site!

rjbull:
Super-sized Newsletter for Mar 2, 2015 - Codename: Freezing Feathers
It's been a whopping 127 days since the last newsletter, and in that time.. New threads started: 861; new posts: 8,995 (number of those deleted as spam: 242); new members who joined: 10,133; new donors: 609.
--- End quote ---
I know I dislike change, but... who needs "revitalize" with that sort of statistics?  DC is super-excellent already; if it ain't broke, don't fix it?

MilesAhead:
if it ain't broke, don't fix it?
-rjbull (March 02, 2015, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1   :Thmbsup:

mouser:
come on now, change may be scary but it can be exciting.  let's embrace the possibility of trying new things!

wraith808:
Super-sized Newsletter for Mar 2, 2015 - Codename: Freezing Feathers
It's been a whopping 127 days since the last newsletter, and in that time.. New threads started: 861; new posts: 8,995 (number of those deleted as spam: 242); new members who joined: 10,133; new donors: 609.
--- End quote ---
I know I dislike change, but... who needs "revitalize" with that sort of statistics?  DC is super-excellent already; if it ain't broke, don't fix it?
-rjbull (March 02, 2015, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you don't fix it until it's broken, then in many cases, you're too late.

I agree with keep the flavor of our community- but I think we need to evolve, especially in the case of the new user experience.  This isn't to say that anything is bad... but there's definite room for improvement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version