ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Solved: Why won't my laptop run Firefox?

<< < (7/9) > >>

Curt:
The listed files are not installed. But should they be?-Curt (March 03, 2015, 03:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
I have at least one copy of each on my Windows 8.0 Laptop-MilesAhead (March 03, 2015, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

According to msdn "Windows API Sets" they are not designed to work on Windows 7.

Maybe 'something' is installed that makes DW confuse my Win 7 for a Win 8 / RT 2012 ?

MilesAhead:
The listed files are not installed. But should they be?-Curt (March 03, 2015, 03:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
I have at least one copy of each on my Windows 8.0 Laptop-MilesAhead (March 03, 2015, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

According to msdn "Windows API Sets" they are not designed to work on Windows 7.

Maybe 'something' is installed that makes DW confuse my Win 7 for a Win 8 / RT 2012 ?

-Curt (March 04, 2015, 03:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe the Laptop came with W8 and the owner did a "free downgrade" to W7.  Many people did.

Curt:
Maybe the Laptop came with W8 and the owner did a "free downgrade" to W7. Many people did.-MilesAhead (March 04, 2015, 09:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am scheduled to meet him in a week from now, so I will remember to ask him this. Thanks!

MilesAhead:
Maybe the Laptop came with W8 and the owner did a "free downgrade" to W7. Many people did.-MilesAhead (March 04, 2015, 09:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am scheduled to meet him in a week from now, so I will remember to ask him this. Thanks!

-Curt (March 04, 2015, 09:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Have you tried the Product Key search utility?  If nothing else, if the hw is good you could do a complete wipe and install and at least have a running Laptop with a clean OS on it.

Curt:
^ oh, yes, Thank you for the adware-installing jelly thing! hehe  ;D

Not to worry; I have Abelssoft Keyfinder, so I know the keys in mention.  :up:

I was trying to avoid the New Operating System -solution, because of the many (count: "1, 2, many") license key problems there usually will follow for this and that "licensed per machine"-program. Somehow a new operating system often makes the old machine become a new machine, if you ask the third party suppliers' Sales-department.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version