ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

remote control of pc via android phone

<< < (2/7) > >>

Jibz:
There is also a TeamViewer app that lets you control a PC, and Chrome remote desktop, which I haven't tried.

Edit: I didn't read the part about being able to wake up the PC, sorry -- these will only allow remote control of a running machine I think.

4wd:
@SJ & Vurbal: YMMV naturally, I'd tried other forms of remote access apps but I'll stick with the Microsoft one until something else comes along that's better for my use.

Instead of having you immediately trying to move the mouse pointer or click a button by trying to get your finger in exactly the right spot, (how many of us can see where the pointer is through our finger), it defaults to moving the mouse pointer by moving your finger anywhere on screen - you don't need to stick your finger on the pointer.  You can position the mouse precisely and then tap anywhere on screen for an LMB click or two-finger tap for RMB.

You can zoom in/out as usual to expand a portion of the screen but I find I don't need to do that for pointer positioning, sometimes for reading something.

You can also switch to the normal method of the mouse being positioned under your finger if you have a bigger screen.

Microsoft RDP is also the only thing that's ever shown me exactly the same thing as I see on the computers monitor unlike various forms of VNC I've tried.

And I don't need any third party software/servers to use it.

Not quite sure what you mean Vurbal, gesture support?  Not AFAIK.  There's four or five versions of keyboard interface and what looks like handwriting input, (I think).

* EDIT: Seems like they changed the default, easy to change though - tap the middle of the banner at the top with the computers name in it, (or the Menu button if your phone still has that), then the icon to the right of Tab on the button bar that pops up.

Jibz:
Do I understand it correctly that it only works with pro/ultimate and server versions of Windows?

Stoic Joker:
Microsoft RDP is also the only thing that's ever shown me exactly the same thing as I see on the computers monitor unlike various forms of VNC I've tried.-4wd (February 19, 2015, 03:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Same here, I've been sold on TS/RDP since the NT4 days ... I just never thought of trying it with/from a phone. But... I guess I'll have to give it a shot (eek!).

Do I understand it correctly that it only works with pro/ultimate and server versions of Windows?
-Jibz (February 19, 2015, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but there is a hack/patch available to enable it in/for Home Premium (I've never tried it).

4wd:
-Jibz (February 19, 2015, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

The host side, yes.

Don't know if they've changed that (Still required) for Windows 8 or later though - the ability to run RDP Host is the one of (really) only two reasons I use Pro only now, (the other being able to use policy editors you don't get in the Home versions).

It would help if the OP mentioned a little more detail.

Re. the patch that SJ mentions above, I've used it when I had Win7HP on a computer, worked for me at the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version